DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro Released with new FW Released as well

While searching if this has been posted I found many references to the Mavic 3 Pro, which currently, does not exist.
So many posts about the Mini 3 Pro which many abbreviate to M3P leads to confusion.
Just to clarify, there is no Mavic 3 Pro, yet...
See my post above.
(thanks to the mods for moving this thread)

Looks like they may have only changed the gimbal camera assembly. I would only be interested if it had a stronger zoom.

Looks like they may have only changed the gimbal camera assembly. I would only be interested if it had a stronger zoom.
The current mavic has no zoom. I would be interested if it had a real optical zoom.

The current mavic has no zoom. I would be interested if it had a real optical zoom.
I think you will see that with this one ,as it would make no sense at all to have another
dedicated camera lens with digital zoom only.I read somewhere that one of the lenses
would be a 3x optical ,which in itself if true would be super.

I read somewhere that one of the lenses
would be a 3x optical ,which in itself if true would be super.
I doubt that. A 3x optical zoom of good quality would be relatively large and heavy, and have a very small maximum aperture, and probably a tiny sensor.
A much better idea is a fixed lens at around 50-70mm equiv. focal length, with aperture no smaller than 2.8, and a 1" sensor. This will give far better image quality than a mediocre, slow zoom lens.

I doubt that. A 3x optical zoom of good quality would be relatively large and heavy, and have a very small maximum aperture, and probably a tiny sensor.
A much better idea is a fixed lens at around 50-70mm equiv. focal length, with aperture no smaller than 2.8, and a 1" sensor. This will give far better image quality than a mediocre, slow zoom lens.
Could very well be right ,and yes a better idea,it will be interesting.
Have a good day

Samsung has some "real" zoom lenses in the cameras I think. Or maybe it's Google phones. Apple is reportedly putting a zoom into the new phones and of course you are right it's a pretty tiny sensor so that may be ultimate problem. I'm very curious too. The 7x is, for me, too strong a zoom when shooting mountains. I often have to create panoramas with a lot of exposures in order to be able to stitch them together because the 7x comes in too far and I'd prefer not using the Explore mode although I do occasionally. If the third lens is a 4x in addition to the 7x I'd probably go for it but I would think that would not be a big seller for most people. We'll wait and see

Samsung has some "real" zoom lenses in the cameras I think. Or maybe it's Google phones. Apple is reportedly putting a zoom into the new phones and of course you are right it's a pretty tiny sensor so that may be ultimate problem. I'm very curious too. The 7x is, for me, too strong a zoom when shooting mountains. I often have to create panoramas with a lot of exposures in order to be able to stitch them together because the 7x comes in too far and I'd prefer not using the Explore mode although I do occasionally. If the third lens is a 4x in addition to the 7x I'd probably go for it but I would think that would not be a big seller for most people. We'll wait and see
I love the 7X tele lens on my Mavic 3 and use it along with the wide-angle lens all the time, but I too find it too much sometimes and often find myself backing up the M3 so that I can compose the shot that I want.

The possibility of a new Mavic 3 Pro is intriguing especially if there is some sort of intermediary tele lens like a 3X tele lens that is between the wide-angle and the 7X lens. If they can somehow improve the optics and sensor that would be great as well. I really don't think that there will be an optical zoom lens as the cost/weight and practicality of doing this is not yet feasible in the current consumer market. Although I don't do a lot of video it would be great to be able to have a smooth digital zoom from 1X all the way to 7X without having to stop and start recording.

With all that being said, I am happy with my current Mavic 3 and although the addition of a 3rd camera would be nice, I'm not sure I am willing to spend even more $$$$ just for an additional 3rd camera unless there is a huge upgrade which likely would mean a huge price increase.

Chris

Reactions: steaneb
So what would the 3rd camera be? All this talk about optical zoom but what else do we want?

So what would the 3rd camera be? All this talk about optical zoom but what else do we want?
Only time will tell, but as I said in my post above I think it will be some sort of intermediary tele lens maybe 3X or 4X to fit between the 7X lens. Maybe they will also improve on the optics and sensor in the tele lenses. Some rumours are saying a 1 inch sensor. To warrant the 'Pro' moniker they are likely going to have to improve upon the cameras somewhat otherwise just adding another 3X or 4X camera with a 1/2 inch sensor with the same optics as the current 7X tele is probably not going to be enough to get the 'Pros' to make the jump.

Chris

I just hope it doesn't have an SSD that is non-replaceable. That is what held me back from the cine model which I would have bought for the ProRes. I don't know if UHSII micro SD can handle ProRes. I think the SSD in the Mav 3 cine was required because the speed was needed for ProRes but I'm not sure about that. ProRes with UHS II micro SD cards and a 4x tele added would light a fire under my bank account. I might have to check my outfits and get ready to stand on a corner....

Only time will tell, but as I said in my post above I think it will be some sort of intermediary tele lens maybe 3X or 4X to fit between the 7X lens. Maybe they will also improve on the optics and sensor in the tele lenses. Some rumours are saying a 1 inch sensor. To warrant the 'Pro' moniker they are likely going to have to improve upon the cameras somewhat otherwise just adding another 3X or 4X camera with a 1/2 inch sensor with the same optics as the current 7X tele is probably not going to be enough to get the 'Pros' to make the jump.

Chris
I wonder if the 3rd camera might be dedicated to Active track to allow all resolutions on the main 4/3 camera, possibly even in night mode...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondsa