DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 SDK - Admin Please leave here

Hey All - Dji has been given the link to this thread to view comments about requesting the SDK. Can anyone that knows Litchi well advise on missing features that Litchi has that should be in the Fly app please.
Well, I'll play along. User selectable pano options for the 7x camera, that would allow saving both jpg and DNG versions of all types of pano images. Being able to eliminate the top row of 18 useless sky images from the 106 images currently being shot on the 3x camera. Since DJI isn't stitching the images, let us decide how many rows of how many images we want in the automated shooting. Basically, much more user control over the panos, like Litchi has been able to offer and can offer, once DJI makes the SDK available to them, and other previous DJI pano developers like DronePan and HDRPano.

Last edited:
Anyone know why someone hasn't used the mavic 3 Pro sdk to fudge a version for the mavic 3 original the software can't be much different. Just needs some ingenious soul that I am not.
There is no Mavic 3 Pro SDK.
SDK's can also not be "fudged" from other drones.
They are drone specific.
The only type of Mavic 3 that has an SDK is the Mavic 3 Enterprise line.
Going forward, SDK's are now only available on Enterprise drones, not Consumer drones

Anyone know why someone hasn't used the mavic 3 Pro sdk to fudge a version for the mavic 3 original the software can't be much different. Just needs some ingenious soul that I am not.
Unfortunately, that's not how their SDK works. Without going deep into the weeds, you have to use their KeyManager API calls to get the key to access a hardware module. If a platform is not supported by the API. it will not provide the key and you won't be able to access that module.

That's from the SDK side. From the drone side, they have probably limited the non-supported drones to ignore the requests from the publicly released SDK. Otherwise, app developers would just use a version of SDK and try to connect anyway.

This is just speculation from reading the documentation. They may be doing simpler or more complex to lock it down.

Unfortunately, that's not how their SDK works. Without going deep into the weeds, you have to use their KeyManager API calls to get the key to access a hardware module. If a platform is not supported by the API. it will not provide the key and you won't be able to access that module.

That's from the SDK side. From the drone side, they have probably limited the non-supported drones to ignore the requests from the publicly released SDK. Otherwise, app developers would just use a version of SDK and try to connect anyway.

This is just speculation from reading the documentation. They may be doing simpler or more complex to lock it down.
There also isn't a Mavic 3 Pro SDK from which "to try and connect anyway."

Hi All, An update from Dji is that they have read the threads, and have said that there are gonna be some exciting new features added. Unfortunately, I was asked not to disclose what new features will be coming out but let me say Waypoints will be upgraded( Too many to add and no confirmed date given) and many other good features coming. They have said that any further Waypoint recommendations will be highly considered so please add more comments about what you would like. They are reading this thread so more good recommendations or any complaints means a bigger possibility of that being implemented.

What I can share about mapping and I Quote " Mapping and 3D modelling: its a hard decision because M3E is actually meant for those requests, its got better sensing and positioning abilities and a whole ecosystem of software platform to back it up, for professional mapping and 3D modelling customers."

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
Hi All, An update from Dji is that they have read the threads, and have said that there are gonna be some exciting new features added. Unfortunately, I was asked not to disclose what new features will be coming out but let me say Waypoints will be upgraded( Too many to add and no confirmed date given) and many other good features coming. They have said that any further Waypoint recommendations will be highly considered so please add more comments about what you would like. They are reading this thread so more good recommendations or any complaints means a bigger possibility of that being implemented.

What I can share about mapping and I Quote " Mapping and 3D modelling: its a hard decision because M3E is actually meant for those requests, its got better sensing and positioning abilities and a whole ecosystem of software platform to back it up, for professional mapping and 3D modelling customers."
It makes sense that DJI would continue to enhance Waypoints with new features, since that has basically been their alternative to the now never to be supplied SDK. However, that is not the same as an SDK, that everyone else in this thread really wanted, and was initially promised for the Mavic 3.

Still, looking forward to whatever enhancements DJI is going to be adding, even if mapping is highly unlikely to among them.

It makes sense that DJI would continue to enhance Waypoints with new features, since that has basically been their alternative to the now never to be supplied SDK. However, that is not the same as an SDK, that everyone else in this thread really wanted, and was initially promised for the Mavic 3.

Still, looking forward to whatever enhancements DJI is going to be adding, even if mapping is highly unlikely to among them.
From the features that I have been shown that will be coming, trust me, it's more than just enhancing waypoints, many extra features to be included in the next few updates and I made sure to ask if it will come before the Mavic 4 ;) The person I actually deal with is in R&D

Reactions: GadgetGuy
From the features that I have been shown that will be coming, trust me, it's more than just enhancing waypoints, many extra features to be included in the next few updates and I made sure to ask if it will come before the Mavic 4 ;) The person I actually deal with is in R&D
This is definitely going in a more positive direction and far more useful than beating the dead SDK horse! Yeah, but be careful. They'll be happily and shamelessly steal our input suggestions for the Mavic 3 line and only implement them in the Mavic 3 Enterprise versions, or make us buy a Mavic 4 to get them!

R&D sits next to the girl in Customer Support. It's his Americanized Chinese name! HAH! Seriously, though, it is a little higher up the food chain. Trouble is there are some 10,000 DJI engineers, according to Randall, and 5,000 probably work in R&D and 99% of their ideas get rejected! It's the nature of R&D!

Reactions: Suren
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic