DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 slave/master setup

Explorer

Reactions
I have an RC Pro Controller and have a Mavic 3. However, my wife likes to join me and edit the settings, iso, etc, using a second screen device, like an ipad, while I pilot the drone. We used to do this with the Mavic Pro 2, but don't seem to be able to do this, with the Mavic 3. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I doubt it is possible, besides if you have or had flyaway insurance the additional "bindings" necessary might complicate matters.

@Explorer it used to be possible because the Mavic 2 pro used the GO 4 app ,but i believe that the feature has not been carried over to the fly App

I doubt it is possible, besides if you have or had flyaway insurance the additional "bindings" necessary might complicate matters.
I can deal with all that, I am talking about the technical capability of being able to do this. Insurance is a different matter.

Yeah. I have the Mavic Pro 2 and was hoping that the Mavic 3 would also have this. Instead, I downgraded in capability, when I upgraded.
Unfortunately, that's because of the change in apps that accompanied the upgrade. DJI Fly is still catching up to the GO 4 app, and premium features like this are more likely to be part of the Enterprise Pilot 2 app than the Fly app, and the RC Pro Enterprise than the RC Pro.

I can deal with all that, I am talking about the technical capability of being able to do this. Insurance is a different matter.
I realised you were talking about the technical capability. I also have a vague recollection of reading that the capability to allow dual controllers depends on hardware inside the drone, I do not know if that is correct but ....

Just as a matter of interest, could you deal with the insurance aspect if dual control ever comes about?
I believe that currently the insurance tolerates only one controller being bound to the drone and that using an unbound controller (on its own ) invalidates the insurance. If the controller is changed then, for the insurance to remain valid, the original controller must be manually unbound from the drone and the new controller bound to the drone. It might mean that something else would also have to be changed to allow two controllers to be simultaneously bound to the same drone.

My observation using the Inspire 2 with a Master/Slave setup, only the Master is bound to the drone. The Slave is bound to the Master. I am not implying that IF the Mavic 3 were to get this capability that the Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro 2 have; and that the Inspire 1 and 2 have, that it would operate the same way.
Those other units have SDK support as well.

Can't comment about the Inspire but from memory I have linked a controller to a M2P/Z as the secondary without the primary being switched on and I have certainly flown an M2P/Z with only the secondary switched on. The primary ran out of battery (my fault) and I had to grab and boot the secondary etc. to regain control.

That is the one thing I don't like about the M2 standard controller, is that the battery is too small for a day's work. Thank you for the info.

Well that's true ..... but when you also have a Mavic Mini the battery in the controller of the M2 is HUGE lol.

Reactions: PHZ
That is the one thing I don't like about the M2 standard controller, is that the battery is too small for a day's work. Thank you for the info.
Easily solved by having a second M2 standard controller from a back-up M2 bird, or just buying a lightly used M2 controller for sale from someone that crashed their M2 aircraft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69