DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Tele Lens

I got my M3 Cine yesterday, have got 5 flights in thus far. I'm still figuring out how to get the most out of the main cam but the telephoto is pretty awesome in my opinion.

I did this 8 frame stitch over a river with the ND16 at ISO 100, 1/4 of a second and it really held it good considering I was right at 400' feet AGL. The only shots that were a bit blurry was when I did not let the bird settle after moving it but I caught that bad habit early on and ended up with nice frames

I am really pleased at how fast you can gain / lose altitude with this thing, it's better for productivity and safety.

View attachment 153444
You chose 1/4 sec shutter to get water movement? Very nice.
And the detail in the resolution looks very respectable. Much better than I expected. I do lots of multi row panels and since now we have raw files to work with I know I can do a decent job. I did fantastic images with my phantom three pro years ago, no doubt I can do better with this.

I completely agree. It gives me the ability to get compression shots that are not possible with the Hasselblad camera and the quality is fine as long as you keep it within common sense boundaries. I doubt I am going to want to print > maybe 16" x 20" but that's fine. It was just OK until we got the raw firmware which raised the capabilities considerably. I shot this one maybe a month after I got the drone so no raw and I still like it.
How much control does the tele have now after the last update?

I believe it does now have raw files, but how much control do you have over exposure and white balance?
Also as I understand it, there are no intelligent flight modes available for the tele lens?

I see some members dismissing the tele lens that's incorporated into the Mavic 3 and confess that I was initially skeptical about it.
With a fixed aperture and dinky 1/2 inch sensor, I didn't think it would be capable of producing the quality I wanted.
It definitely has limitations and can't match the quality of the 4/3 sensor on the main camera.
But after using the Mavic 3 for a month, I've found that it's not as useless as I first imagined and I'm using it more than I thought I would.

It has a lot more reach than the wideangle main camera and gives a completely different perspective to the very wide angle shots that have become characteristic of drone photography.
Here are three pairs of images, each shot from the same position to demonstrate how different the Mavic 3's cameras are:
130-3-X2.jpg

253-6-X2.jpg

291-2-X2.jpg

And here are a few examples that show what the tele lens is capable of.
DJI_0674a-X3.jpg

DJI_0770a-X3.jpg
DJI_0086a-X3.jpg

DJI_0575a-X3.jpg

DJI_0022a-X3.jpg
are the single shots tele shots?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members