DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Mavic 3 vs Mini 3 video comparison

VERY interesting, Palerider. Thanks for that.

Mavic 3 seems to have slightly better exposure latitude, which is expected with the larger sensor. While the FG looks very similar in both cases, the Mini 3 slightly overexposes the sky and the Mavic 3 doesn't.

Is the Mavic 3 lens wider than the Mini 3? Or is is just the point in the flight that changes the FOV?

Superb music. Right before suppertime, too. :) Who is that?

Reactions: Palerider
VERY interesting, Palerider. Thanks for that.

Mavic 3 seems to have slightly better exposure latitude, which is expected with the larger sensor. While the FG looks very similar in both cases, the Mini 3 slightly overexposes the sky and the Mavic 3 doesn't.

Is the Mavic 3 lens wider than the Mini 3? Or is is just the point in the flight that changes the FOV?

Superb music. Right before suppertime, too. :) Who is that?
Most likely the POV. I tried to mimic the Mini 3 flight while flying the Mavic 3. Would be better if both could use waypoints.

Interesting

At least in this video, it really isn't close at all. I knew which was which as soon as you lifted off past the first tree in the foreground showing the detail in the leaves evident from the Mavic 3 camera. Then the amount of light and quality of exposure throughout the footage was better from the Mavic 3. The distant mountains have very little detail and the skies are blown out in the video coming from the Mini 3 Pro.

Filming in D-Cinelike and doing some post processing on the Mini 3 Pro video might have closed the gap by a good bit but then it wouldn't have a fair comparison.

Reactions: PAW
Wow - nicely done. Impressive how closely you managed to get the video synced considering two different flights!

To me eye, the Mavic 3 does definitely produce a better image. But given the huge cost differential, it's not nearly as significant as I would have guessed.

To me, as presented, the Mavic 3 pro displays a substantial greater detail and dynamic range as compared to the mini 3. At appears that the M3 Pro would cut nicely with cinema camera footage where the mini 3 would stand out as inferior.

Great comparison. The lighting differences were apparent, would be nice to fly both at same time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_