DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Vs Skydio 2

zinko

Reactions
Hey

Somebody know if can become mavic 3 close or bether than skydio 2 about active track?
Or at least the same?

When m3 was release, in video shows perfect tracking and avoidance system.
I think about use it when i go mountain biking and downhill biking.

But….in reality i see it hit trees, trees branchles and avoidance dont work even close as good as skydio.

So if somebody know if they working on anctive track or will stay like it is?

Thanx

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Lots of YouTube videos comparing these two drones say the same thing. Skydio 2+ is better. The Mavic 3 is good, but if your use case is tracking, Skydio is the industry leader.

I own them both. The Skydio 2 isn't perfect and can still hit small branches but if your only real purpose for the drone is tracking then the Skydio leaves the Mavic 3 in the dust.

For almost any other purpose the Mavic 3 is a much better aircraft.

Yeah i understand this.

But mavic 3 have hardware that can be much bether. But its not i think becouse bugs and bad algoritem.

So i ask if can in further firmware be a game changer?
Or dji engineres stil cant match the algoritem that come close skudio?

I dont know how can skydio see tree branches front from him and mavic 3 cant se a big branches?

But mavic 3 have hardware that can be much bether. But its not i think becouse bugs and bad algoritem.
Skydio's hardware is built around running that obstacle detection/autonomy AI.
With DJI those are secondary features and focus of hardware is in photography/videography and endurance/flight performance.
Which are secondary in Skydio.

I think they are two different drones with two different purposes. I feel the Mavic 3’s tracking is “good enough” for the way I use it, however I almost always fly my drone and take photos with it. The M3 is a flying filmmaking camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots