DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 without iOS SDK support and Mini 2/Air 2S only for Android for now

lynnx

Reactions
I wish DJI SDK was always released along with the product just like it happens for mobile phones :rolleyes:

It seems Mavic 3 won't be supported in iOS SDK for long time if at all and Mini 2/SE and Air 2S only for Android as well?
I wonder why that is, enterprise devs don't care about publishing to Apple App Store, e.g. I create iOS apps for myself without publishing them to public App Store so having iOS SDK for Mavic 3 would be great for enterprise applications even if it doesn't comply with Apple's MFi program at the moment.

Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 14.35.36.png

Interesting that they give higher priority to Android SDK, usually it's the other way around. I also understand your point, there are probably other devs out there that are building B2B applications that are covering niche markets and don't need/want to publish it to the app store.

Interesting that they give higher priority to Android SDK, usually it's the other way around.
In the past, it's taken longer to get Apple approval for iOS apps than for Android approval.

I wish DJI SDK was always released along with the product just like it happens for mobile phones :rolleyes:

It seems Mavic 3 won't be supported in iOS SDK for long time if at all and Mini 2/SE and Air 2S only for Android as well?
I wonder why that is, enterprise devs don't care about publishing to Apple App Store, e.g. I create iOS apps for myself without publishing them to public App Store so having iOS SDK for Mavic 3 would be great for enterprise applications even if it doesn't comply with Apple's MFi program at the moment.

View attachment 136749
I am getting tired of the DJI company.

Reactions: Joethedrone
As the SC Pro V2 looks so bland I think Autel suddenly becomes very viable with their EVO III. Their smart controller looks so much more usable that it must be considered before shelling out on the Cine.

Where do you see details about the RC Pro?
It has been leaked, but not complete details. Main problem is the same small screen, same formfactor, looks more or less the same as V1. Look at the Autel SC for EVOs... DJI should have created something similar or better for the M3. Lost opportunity, might go for it anyway.

The only reason that I continue to fly DJI products is the 3rd party software support. Now that DJI is not releasing the SDK’s in a reasonable amount of time I will probably move on to another manufacturer. The overreaching DJI unlock after I have received approval from FAA to fly in controlled airspace is ridiculous. I’m glad Jeep don’t need me to request an unlock to go off road into areas that are restricted, but I have permission to drive.

View attachment 136749
Not supporting the new drones in the iOS SDK would be, commercially, a big mistake in my opinion. Many people use iOS devices with DJI products and this would almost certainly be an important factor when considering purchasing a new drone. Particularly so if desired features (waypoints?) are only supported by 3rd party apps.

Now that the Mavic 3 has been released has there been any update on the Mavic 3 iOS SDK? Software developers like Litchi will have their hands tied until this is released. There seems to be no way to fly missions with the Mavic 3 until the SDK is released. I read here that the Android version will come first, but the iOS version still seems to have no target. Hopefully DJI will provide an update here.

At the current new prices for the Mavic 3 I would not let it out of my direct sight on any mission for fear of losing it, very curious to what the 4G dongle is going to do in that department though.

Not supporting the new drones in the iOS SDK would be, commercially, a big mistake in my opinion. Many people use iOS devices with DJI products and this would almost certainly be an important factor when considering purchasing a new drone. Particularly so if desired features (waypoints?) are only supported by 3rd party apps.
I won’t be purchasing any more DJI products until all firmware is fully functional. They are not doing themselves any favours by not releasing the SDKs etc, and Apple needs to get their fingers out too imo.

They are not doing themselves any favours by not releasing the SDKs etc, and Apple needs to get their fingers out too imo.
It's difficult to know why Apple would want to do anything. Releasing an SDK without Apple support is unlikely to make any noticeable dent in the global sale of Apple products. The number of iPhone/iPad users who also have DJI drones is likely to be almost completely insignificant when seen as a percentage of the total sales of Apple devices. On the other hand, when you look at the percentage of DJI customers who use Apple devices, that number is certainly significant. Unlike DJI, Apple is highly unlikely to lose any customers because of SDK incompatibility.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada