DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 won't take off after most recent aircraft firmware update. 1.00.0900

They have to both match for the new DJI enforced mandatory RID broadcast, that isn't required by the FAA until September 16, 2023. The newest aircraft FW is also anti-rollback, although the RC Pro FW update can still be rolled back.

Mavic 3 won't take off after most recent aircraft firmware update. 1.00.0900. Any Solutions?

The connection and camera are working normally. Video feed normal.

EDIT UPDATE: I had to update the DJI FLY APP before it would allow the drone to take off.
I had exactly the same problem and posted it under Mavic 3 Firmware Update Issues. GadgetGuy gave a similar response to me. In my case it flew with my iPhone and not with my TriplTek Pro 8.

For the TriplTek the Fly app opened like it did before and it said an update was available. I clicked on this to update, but it simply opened the app and failed to start the props. I closed the app and repeated this 4x until finally it actually updated. Then I was prompted to install the app and allowed that. When it was complete the app was opened and it successfully started the props!

My suggestion is to be persistent in trying to update the Fly app on your TriplTek until the update takes like it did for me.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I had exactly the same problem and posted it under Mavic 3 Firmware Update Issues. GadgetGuy gave a similar response to me. In my case it flew with my iPhone and not with my TriplTek Pro 8.

For the TriplTek the Fly app opened like it did before and it said an update was available. I clicked on this to update, but it simply opened the app and failed to start the props. I closed the app and repeated this 4x until finally it actually updated. Then I was prompted to install the app and allowed that. When it was complete the app was opened and it successfully started the props!

My suggestion is to be persistent in trying to update the Fly app on your TriplTek until the update takes like it did for me.
Wow ! I actually had to do the exact same thing. I'm not kidding. I repeated and repeated the "update". Then finally it gave a prompt to update the App. I also have the Tripltek 8 Pro. That's a weird coincidence. We both had to perform the exact same steps.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Wow ! I actually had to do the exact same thing. I'm not kidding. I repeated and repeated the "update". Then finally it gave a prompt to update the App. I also have the Tripltek 8 Pro. That's a weird coincidence. We both had to perform the exact same steps.
Best way to verify you have the latest Fly app needed is to check the version number in the Fly app itself. If it doesn't match the latest version number, try updating from there, if you aren’t getting the prompt to update otherwise.

This is not a coincidence. It is what I call a purple cow. You never see a purple cow, but if you see one you are likely to see several.

Mavic 3 won't take off after most recent aircraft firmware update. 1.00.0900. Any Solutions?

The connection and camera are working normally. Video feed normal.

EDIT UPDATE: I had to update the DJI FLY APP before it would allow the drone to take off.
thank you ,
I spent over 1hr on phone with Support ( 2 times) and their fix was to send my RC-N1 in for repair $150 + out of my pocket, DJI Support SUCKS ! Note: I have a DJI Care Refresh paid plan HA !

Reactions: Jam0ne
No issues updating with my Tripltek Pro 8. I did update inside my house via wifi, though, and not in the field moments before flight.

Reactions: Don Testme
thank you ,
I spent over 1hr on phone with Support ( 2 times) and their fix was to send my RC-N1 in for repair $150 + out of my pocket, DJI Support SUCKS ! Note: I have a DJI Care Refresh paid plan HA !
Sorry to hear what you had to go through, just to find out the app needed to be updated with the new firmware.

I am primarily an IOS user, but have a Tripltek 8. Was working fine then when I was rushing to get the drone in the air, I had the same problem as others before. I could see the screen, connection, etc., Props would not start..

It also SEEMED like I had the latest version - I'm not in the Google Play store often.

However, I think that the DJI FLY app has been taken out of the Google Play store so you CAN'T update to the latest version there.

You need to go to here: DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI and download the latest apk and install it.

Once I did that, magically, the drone took off fie. VERY weird.

Yes, you are not alone with struggling to upload the Fly app. Glad to hear you finally were successful.

I am primarily an IOS user, but have a Tripltek 8. Was working fine then when I was rushing to get the drone in the air, I had the same problem as others before. I could see the screen, connection, etc., Props would not start..

It also SEEMED like I had the latest version - I'm not in the Google Play store often.

However, I think that the DJI FLY app has been taken out of the Google Play store so you CAN'T update to the latest version there.

You need to go to here: DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI and download the latest apk and install it.

Once I did that, magically, the drone took off fie. VERY weird.
Nothing magical about it. You need to be certain you are on the latest Fly app in order to arm the motors after updating to the latest RID broadcasting FW. Otherwise, RID won't be broadcast, and could be defeated by merely flying with an older version of the Fly app. Instead, DJI just won't let you arm the motors until you update to the latest Fly app, with no error message stating so! That's the only problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys