DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Zoom Issue in Camera mode

springer3

Reactions
Looking for help. My Mavic 3 will no longer zoom to 7X in camera mode. When I tap 7 it switches to a zoom of 49.9 and leaves pro mode. I cannot zoom in or out. If I tap the 1 circle all is ok, the camera goes back to Pro Mode. I am running the latest version of the firmware. I use the DJI RC Pro. I have refreshed the firmware, nothing changed, I reset camera settings, nothing changed. Has anyone else experienced or heard of this issue.

I know this isn't much help but have you tried reinstalling the current firmware/software? Not just checking for an update? Oh, I see you did that.

Did this issue arise X amount of time after the recent firmware update or as soon as you updated?

Reactions: springer3
The zoom died basically. I saw a similar topic on the official DJI forum, and the tele was stuck at 49x and the image was blurry. Mavic 3 Telephoto lens issue

You need a camera change that should be covered by the warranty (3 years if you are in Europe).

Sorry moved to the correct section,
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: GFields
According to the link you provided it was suggested to be sent in for an evaluation.

Had similar problem with zoom soon after purchase. Tried everything, ended up sending it to dji for warranty repair. All good now 😄

I know this isn't much help but have you tried reinstalling the current firmware/software? Not just checking for an update? Oh, I see you did that.

Did this issue arise X amount of time after the recent firmware update or as soon as you updated?
Yes, refreshed software and it happened on my 2nd flight after the update.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Looking for help. My Mavic 3 will no longer zoom to 7X in camera mode. When I tap 7 it switches to a zoom of 49.9 and leaves pro mode. I cannot zoom in or out. If I tap the 1 circle all is ok, the camera goes back to Pro Mode. I am running the latest version of the firmware. I use the DJI RC Pro. I have refreshed the firmware, nothing changed, I reset camera settings, nothing changed. Has anyone else experienced or heard of this issue.
There is no digital zoom when shooting photos. It's either 1x or 7x. Odd that it works correctly as a digital zoom in Explore mode, which implies the 7x telephoto is not the problem. It's not a hardware problem. Sounds like the RC Pro app might be corrupted, or the drone FW. While DJI will replace it with another where the FW is not corrupted, it might be faster to try and reinstall the FW and/or the RC Pro app, to see if you can clean it up! If you have an RC-N1, try using it instead.

There is no digital zoom when shooting photos. It's either 1x or 7x. Odd that it works correctly as a digital zoom in Explore mode, which implies the 7x telephoto is not the problem. It's not a hardware problem. Sounds like the RC Pro app might be corrupted, or the drone FW. While DJI will replace it with another where the FW is not corrupted, it might be faster to try and reinstall the FW and/or the RC Pro app, to see if you can clean it up! If you have an RC-N1, try using it instead.
Thanks for the info, I agree. I have refreshed the firmware, reset all of the settings, used the RC-N1 instead of the Pro and still same issue in camera mode. Select 7X and it immediately goes to 48.9X....I really want the quickest fix.

Thanks for the info, I agree. I have refreshed the firmware, reset all of the settings, used the RC-N1 instead of the Pro and still same issue in camera mode. Select 7X and it immediately goes to 48.9X....I really want the quickest fix.
Sounds like you've done all you can, short of sending it in. However, there is a new FW update today to enable Waypoints. Try that update for both the controllers and the drone, and then, if the problem still remains, you'll have to send it in for warranty replacement. It might fix it, though! Good luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost