DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3

So many compared to what?

Last edited:
Because they are all "upgrading" to the Mavic 3 Pro. I guarantee it.

The irony is those classics and certainly the og Mavic 3 are beasts in their own right and only missing the zoom lens(es). Not worth the update unless you make money with your drone and have a use other than just having the newest thing in your hands. The Classic and the M3 are the top drones in the market at this price point right now.

The irony is those classics and certainly the og Mavic 3 are beasts in their own right and only missing the zoom lens(es). Not worth the update unless you make money with your drone and have a use other than just having the newest thing in your hands. The Classic and the M3 are the top drones in the market at this price point right now.
Thanks Oman

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
I have the original Mavic 3 and have considered an upgrade to the new Pro with the additional Mid Tele lens. I use the 7X tele lens on my original M3 extensively for photos and also make extensive use of Explore mode. Feedback and reviews indicate that the new 7X lens is sharper but I have been able to get good sharp photos from the original 7X lens by running my images through Topaz and making sure they are taken in good light.

I am only a hobbiest photographer and don't sell my images, so for me, as much I would love to upgrade to the new drone with the mid Tele lens and an improved 7X tele, I am not ready at this time to make that jump. Maybe when/if DJI releases a drone only package for the Mavic 3 Pro and the price without the included controller is out, I might re-consider. For now, I am very happy with my original Mavic 3.

A couple of things that I think they downgraded on the new Mavic 3 Pro are the Gimbal strap and getting rid of the Gimbal Lock feature.

Chris

Reactions: edgardcafe
I’m still stuck on not being able to download untouched footage. A good colorist can polish a turd. Marketing sucks.

I have the original Mavic 3 and have considered an upgrade to the new Pro with the additional Mid Tele lens. I use the 7X tele lens on my original M3 extensively for photos and also make extensive use of Explore mode. Feedback and reviews indicate that the new 7X lens is sharper but I have been able to get good sharp photos from the original 7X lens by running my images through Topaz and making sure they are taken in good light.

I am only a hobbiest photographer and don't sell my images, so for me, as much I would love to upgrade to the new drone with the mid Tele lens and an improved 7X tele, I am not ready at this time to make that jump. Maybe when/if DJI releases a drone only package for the Mavic 3 Pro and the price without the included controller is out, I might re-consider. For now, I am very happy with my original Mavic 3.

A couple of things that I think they downgraded on the new Mavic 3 Pro are the Gimbal strap and getting rid of the Gimbal Lock feature.

Chris
I have seen that some people don't like the new Gimbal strap.and the no lock feature..
Thanks for all the ìnfo
Fly Safe Oman

Last edited:
I only purchased the M3 because DJI said that they were going to release the MSDK for them.
I would love to see a class action against them for this...

I have an original Mavic Pro. I’m getting ready to upgrade for two main reasons I’d like better battery life (18 mins or so is too short) and better resolution. Is there a big difference upgrading to the Mavic 2? Does anybody know the battery life of the 2 vs the 3? Is the big step going to the 3? And am I right in assuming the only difference between a classic 3 and a pro 3 is the zoom lens? Does the zoom lens do a good job of clarity when you zoom in on the pro 3? Thank you for anybody that can help with these questions. I appreciate it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun