DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3E With RTK module Parachute options that are ASTM certified.

andrew.ternes

Reactions
Hi Pilots,

I'm currently investigating parachute options that can be fixed to the Mavic 3E with the RTK module attached? We would also like the parachute system to have the ASTM F3322-18 Parachute Certification. This will help get an instrument of approval from CASA to be included in our ReOC.
We are working in sheltered environments such as Wharfs with moving cranes, cargo containers and trucks, and would like to survey these with minimal disruption to the wharf operators' operations. so, we need some form of safety measures for working over people. See attached example area.
we have already considered insurance, reduced flight speeds and minimum flying heights into our safety assessments.

Any Advice or Product recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely Andrew

Attachments

• MavicPilots Site Example.jpg
    MavicPilots Site Example.jpg
    563.9 KB · Views: 10
Hi Pilots,

I'm currently investigating parachute options that can be fixed to the Mavic 3E with the RTK module attached? We would also like the parachute system to have the ASTM F3322-18 Parachute Certification. This will help get an instrument of approval from CASA to be included in our ReOC.
We are working in sheltered environments such as Wharfs with moving cranes, cargo containers and trucks, and would like to survey these with minimal disruption to the wharf operators' operations. so, we need some form of safety measures for working over people. See attached example area.
we have already considered insurance, reduced flight speeds and minimum flying heights into our safety assessments.

Any Advice or Product recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely Andrew
I am in the same boat. No replies since November last year? Darn.

I wanted to know if anyone successfully filed an Operation Wavier that includes flying over people with a Mavi 3 Pro strapped with a Mani 3 parachute?

I'll be documenting progress on a construction site for two years that is surrounded by a low density 1-2 story urban area neighborhood. Transiting over parking lots, buildings, and low traffic streets. No sustained flight over open air assemblies or crowds. I already have tested and received LAANC approval for Airspace Authorization with manual review. Drone will fly mostly in 200' AGF airspace and through a sliver of 0' AGL sector. Now I need a Wavier over people.

Anything you learned since? Let me know.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas