DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3T for always-powered-on operation?

The info provided above is correct. The battery will not charge and the AC will not take off with the USB in. It will "turn on" because that is how you download the info from the disk but the DJI rep implying that it will operate is very disingenuous.

For your application you might consider tethered flight. I searched and got several hits but have no first hand info so I won't recommend. Getting a launch from internet may be possible with these solutions.

Here is a list of docking stations, some of which have remote operations. 10 Best DJI-Compatible Drone Docking Stations To Consider for Autonomy

Large animals will show up for kilometers in the open on thermal but like most thermal you are really only good for about 3 or 4x zoom. Using the visible high zoom in daylight with thermal low zoom can find very small camouflaged animals that you would never find with visible only.
Thanks, I'll check out some of those docking stations. It's been awhile since I researched them so I appreciate it.

I'm still mulling over putting in a couple solenoids into an enclosure, so I could remotely connect/disconnect the cable (assuming the magnetic cable will work) and remotely turn the drone on. But I'd lose the time required for it to connect to GPS and be ready to launch and I'm not sure I want to take on that big of a project anyway.

Greetings from DJI.

I am so sorry that the Mavic 3T drone cannot be turned on during charging, I am so sorry that I misunderstood the question before. This design is to clarify the preparations before take-off, ensure the safety of the flight, and prevent accidents caused by taking off with the charging cable plugged in.

I will forward your feedback on your usage scenarios and demands to our R&D team. DJI has been working to provide you with more interesting product functions, as well as more intelligent product use scenarios. Thank you again for your attention and valuable suggestions.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact us back.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Krystal
DJI Technical Support

I'm considering getting the Mavic 3T for use on a 50 acre off grid property in Alaska. The goal is to make a permanent launch pad outside our cabin where the drone will sit inside a plexiglass enclosure that can be opened via WiFi, with the drone connected to power through the USB port using a magnetic cable like this one so that it keeps a full charge, receives satellites and is always ready to go. I'll have a cooling fan installed to keep the drone cool inside the enclosure. In the cabin we'll have the RC Pro Enterprise wall mounted on a bracket, plugged in and powered on, with an HDMI output to a large flat panel.

The goal is to, based on sensor alerts we get throughout the property, hit a button located next to the RC Pro to remotely open the enclosure over the launch pad, and then tap on an autonomous mission on the controller and quickly launch the drone on its way to do some surveillance for us (looking for bears, moose, wolves and such that may have triggered our sensors on the property).

Does this seem viable with this drone? Some specific questions I have:

1. Does anybody know if the drone motors will start, or the drone attempt to fly, if a USB power cable is connected to the drone and charging it? If the answer is no, would it start/fly if power was shut off to the cable while still attached to the drone? I'm hoping to rig it up with the magnetic cable to keep the cable out of the way of props coming up from the floor of the launch pad, so that when the drone launches it simply disconnects the magnetic cable.

2. While it seems iffy that the RC Pro Enterprise will run Litchi from what I've gathered (or at least at this point in time), my understanding is that I can create several waypoint missions and save them in the DJI Pilot 2 app and at least quickly send the drone to various pre-programmed spots with the cameras looking straight down. From what I understand, the drone doesn't support point of interest so I won't be able to have the drone focus on various points while flying a waypoint mission and will have to settle for a fixed gimbal setting like looking straight down. I haven't used waypoint missions in the DJI Pilot app, and have two specific questions about that app. A) would it allow setting a waypoint mission to start recording video upon launch, or is that something that has to be done manually? and B) would it allow me to pause the drone position during the waypoint mission and manually look around before hitting resume on the waypoint mission? From what I've seen I should be able to pause/resume using the remote pause button or the on screen pause button.

Many thanks in advance for anybody who can offer feedback before we fork over the 6K for this drone!
No idea about question 1.

About question 2, the M3T supports POI while planning a Waypoint (look for it in Gimbal settings or Aircraft yaw).
You can also define to start a video (or take a photo or other options in every waypoint).
Also the pause - change - resume can be done.

Reactions: Disloyal Customer
Look into the dji dock and the m30t, they specifically developed it for remote launches.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0