DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 4 Pro wrap around prop guards

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
How does everyone like the prop guards that fit around the drone for storage? I think DJI did it as a prank to make it as cumbersome as possible to wrap around the drone.

The M3 that I have came with some form of brasserie thing that was immediately sidelined. Hopefully you find a solution with your new flying camera. This one does what is needed.
FACBA865-CD2E-4035-9DC4-F52DF3342A35.jpeg

Reactions: Torque
How does everyone like the prop guards that fit around the drone for storage? I think DJI did it as a prank to make it as cumbersome as possible to wrap around the drone.
It takes me longer than I like aligning the props with the spaces on the prop holder. I'm afraid if I don't get the props just perfect, the holder is going to damage them. I'm waiting for better aftermarket ones to show up.

Heck. I tried the DJI holder that came on the m4p. Not totally bad. But clunky compared to what I’ve done on past drones. Try these (1) silicone rubber bands (available for cooking); (2) soft ponytail bands (available anywhere); and (3) a simple Velcro wrap. Everything aftermarket I’ve seen is unnecessarily clunky (and costly) by comparison.

I keep thinking that it is going to get easier, and maybe it will. But so far it is a frustrating experience. Perhaps if they were a bit more flexible...

I actually like it. It took me a little while to get used to putting it on, but I've got it down pretty well now, and it allows me to use the small bag that comes with the Fly More kit without worrying about damaging the propellers...I wish my Air2S had come with it. I have a hard case on order too, but because I can actually use the bag I might just use that most of the time.

The new prop guard from dji is *hit. I have to push the button so hard, that i'm afraid to damage my new mini 4 pro.
Now I use the old prop guards from the mini 3 pro.
1696343662113.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
I have had my Mini 4 Pro for about 2 months. At first it was very frustrating. But as time has gone on I have gotten much better at putting it on. I am sure someone will eventually build a better mouse trap but it works fine for me.

I have had my Mini 4 Pro for about 2 months. At first it was very frustrating. But as time has gone on I have gotten much better at putting it on. I am sure someone will eventually build a better mouse trap but it works fine for me.
I put them on once after getting the drone and then promptly put them back in the box. I just don’t use them.

It is a bit cumbersome, but it seems to do a good job protecting the blades. Those of us who started with the original Mavic Minis remember the problem with the unprotected blades, and the drones dropping out of the sky or losing control of the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne