DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 1 battery rebuild?

vintageb3

Reactions
Hi Guys, just wondered if anyone knows of a source to rebuild Mavic Air 1 batteries in the UK? Is this even an option? Other than that, where are original batteries sold at the best price? I don’t need batteries rebuilt at this time, but the info would be good to have on hand. I’d like to pick up a new battery to give me four batteries in all. Thanks!

Hi. Air battery costs around 65-75 € and you can find them in Amazon, in eBay or in your local RC hobby store. In case you'll be interested rebuilding one you should find 3 LIFE battery elements 3.7v each.
Instead you can open carefully the dead battery, remove the dead elements and keep the charging circuit. On this circuit you can see the points that the two terminals are connected (red and black thick wires). Removing elements means you are going to come off (unsold) these wires. In their position you must get soldering another red and black wire fixed in an XT60 or Tplug connector (depends on which of them is used in a brand new lipo battery you are gonna buy). This battery should be at least 11.1v 2800mAh 30C. And naturally you will attach it externally using a strap or something like this because their size is longer than the original Dji batteries. The result would be at least the same as with the original bats or even better in flight time if you use bigger battery in mAh capacity (3300mAh).
Keep in mind the actual size of the new battery not blocking the downward sensors.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 318cdaccb0a5a91b221170c026077f2f.jpg
    318cdaccb0a5a91b221170c026077f2f.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Reactions: vintageb3
Hi John. What a great reply! This looks like a good approach. I’m going to file your reply for the day I need “new batteries. Where would you recommend buying new batteries? Thanks!

Hi John. What a great reply! This looks like a good approach. I’m going to file your reply for the day I need “new batteries. Where would you recommend buying new batteries? Thanks!
Someone posted yesterday, MA1 batteries around £51 each at Argos. Seems reasonably, might be worth a look.

Someone posted yesterday, MA1 batteries around £51 each at Argos. Seems reasonably, might be worth a look.
Hi man.. Thanks for your good words.
So best place to buy is a local store, just in case the new battery has some fault. In this way you always can return it. But anyway
my personal preffer is amazon, gives a guarantee and a reliable transaction. Have in mind that if you follow the proper maintenance, batteries would stay alive and reliable for a long time. I have mine four bats since March 2018 and they are still in perfect condition. The trick is to charge them at least once every 2 months and discharge them within one week to the storage level of about 20 to 40 % and keeping them in a dry place at normal temperatures. Also avoid using them in harsh conditions like flying at environment temperatures below 5 degree celsius. Have fun!!

Hi. Air battery costs around 65-75 € and you can find them in Amazon, in eBay or in your local RC hobby store. In case you'll be interested rebuilding one you should find 3 LIFE battery elements 3.7v each.
Instead you can open carefully the dead battery, remove the dead elements and keep the charging circuit. On this circuit you can see the points that the two terminals are connected (red and black thick wires). Removing elements means you are going to come off (unsold) these wires. In their position you must get soldering another red and black wire fixed in an XT60 or Tplug connector (depends on which of them is used in a brand new lipo battery you are gonna buy). This battery should be at least 11.1v 2800mAh 30C. And naturally you will attach it externally using a strap or something like this because their size is longer than the original Dji batteries. The result would be at least the same as with the original bats or even better in flight time if you use bigger battery in mAh capacity (3300mAh).
Keep in mind the actual size of the new battery not blocking the downward sensors.
Hope this helps.
how did you open the housing ? it seemd to be glued right ? What Lipo Cells did you get to replace the old ones ? Do you have a video of disassembling and assembling ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54