DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 1 for inspections

mwwm84

Reactions
Hey there! Newbie here. I just got my BVLOS licence and want to start a new drone business. As I have to start somewhere and I don't have any money for investment yet I was wondering what could I do with my Mavic Air 1?
First things that come to my mind are of course roof inspections and photos - correct me if I'm wrong. What else would this drone be capable of? Thank you in advance for help!!

Reactions: 4006448
Air 2 have come way down in price, especially used. It's a much better drone than A1 and very capable for your use. Parts are readily available too.

Reactions: mwwm84
Hey there! Newbie here. I just got my BVLOS licence and want to start a new drone business. As I have to start somewhere and I don't have any money for investment yet I was wondering what could I do with my Mavic Air 1?
First things that come to my mind are of course roof inspections and photos - correct me if I'm wrong. What else would this drone be capable of? Thank you in advance for help!!
Is your Mavic Air 1 still working? I have a Mavic Air 1 and I can tell you that it's basically no longer supported because it's so old. I haven't been able to get it working, even with support from DJI. Is it working for you? You can read my thread on the DJI forum on this topic here: What Android software to use with original Air (1)?

That said, if you can get it working, you can definitely shoot some great video with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: mwwm84
I personally have IOS products, but the buyer bought one of the new Samsung tablets to operate the Mavic Air. I believe it was a Galaxy Tab A7

I personally used an iPad mini 5 which still worked well for the drone and can be had for a realitvily lower price since it is not the latest version.

...My understanding is that only older Android phones are supported by the DJI app you download directly.
Your understanding aren't correct... my MA1 is working perfectly fine & the latest DJI GO4 app directly from DJI runs without any problems on my Samsung Galaxy S20+ & my Samsung Galaxy S8 Tab, both running Android 13.

Reactions: Yaros
What model of Android phone did you use? My understanding is that only older Android phones are supported by the DJI app you download directly.
I have sent you a private message about this subject, please check.

Mavic Air 1 is still a great drone, it is not supported by DJI officially, but still works. I'll help you get it working.

Reactions: Dangerly
Your understanding aren't correct... my MA1 is working perfectly fine & the latest DJI GO4 app directly from DJI runs without any problems on my Samsung Galaxy S20+ & my Samsung Galaxy S8 Tab, both running Android 13.
Thanks slurp. The DJI Go4 app failed to install on my Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra. Not sure if the "Ultra" part makes a difference. I'm gonna try it again (haven't tried in a while) and record what happens this time.

I have sent you a private message about this subject, please check.

Mavic Air 1 is still a great drone, it is not supported by DJI officially, but still works. I'll help you get it working.
Thanks Yaros, that was very kind of you. I'm going to go through the content in the message you sent me and see if it helps. I'll report back here for others in the future.

Reactions: Yaros
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d