DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 - 12.9 iPad Pro too big?

Tusk

Reactions
I know by default the Mavic Air 2 cannot hold a 12.9 iPad Pro, but I will 3d print my own stand. But does anyone know if it would be just too big for the app? Ive never used it but its currently the tablet I would want to use.

I know by default the Mavic Air 2 cannot hold a 12.9 iPad Pro, but I will 3d print my own stand. But does anyone know if it would be just too big for the app? Ive never used it but its currently the tablet I would want to use.

What do you mean too big for the app?

Some apps dont go larger for like a large iPad. It stays at an iPhone size and just has a 2x button to zoom. Basically asking if the software is made for larger screens too or only small screens.

The most recent version of the Fly app is standardized for a table. The app will be just fine. Personally, since I'd have to keep my hands on the sticks and controls, that big Ipad hanging off it that I'll have to "hold" without holding would not be something I'd prefer.

One issue I see upcoming with the new remote design is the tablet compatibility. No doubt there will be a healthy aftermarket selection of mounts, but having a huge ipad on there is going to do nothing but throw off the balance of the controller, making it strain your wrists more and harder to hold comfortably, let alone make smooth movements with.

I have an iPad Air 1 and an iPad Pro, I have used both with DJI GO4 and Litchi without problem, they handle big display ok. I use a holder accessory for them because they don't fit in the original RC holder, I recommend the use of a big display BUT iPad Pro is so big it hurts after a while using it, it is heavy, that's is why I prefer using the iPad Air.
I know you asked about DJI Mavic Air 2 software but my comment is how heavy iPad Pro is, besides software capabilities which I suppose is no problem from my experience on similar.

I use my 2018 iPad Pro 12.9 on a LifThor holder for my Mavic 2 Pro. I love it. While it might be heavier, i like it better because i can see more clearly and i know the iPad will be something i can use for years. I also have an iPad mini 5 that i use with my Mavic Mini. I’m not the best or greatest drone guy but i do not like using my phones. For me the tablet option is better. Besides you can edit right away. I just sold my iPad Pro 2018 today and am looking to buy the 2020 version. I might go with the 11” version. But I’ll wait until there is an otterbox case for the iPad Pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett