DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 and Litchi

I have Litchi working on the MA2. The main reason I use it is for the FPV/VR mode. It looks GREAT in the VR headset, especially compared to using it on the Mavic Mini1. However, the Head Tracking still only looks up and down along with the movement of the headset; I want the Gimbal be able to pan side to side, independent of the aircraft direction. That would really complete the immersive feeling of flying from the Aircraft...

I still can't get Litchi to work on my MA2, I emailed and got the beta from litchi (I think), but when I power up the drone, it never connects.

Hopefully soon.

Yup came with latest beta

Attachments

• A9BE4DB0-F442-44D2-83E3-8CB699C761A9.jpeg
    A9BE4DB0-F442-44D2-83E3-8CB699C761A9.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: britdub
Latest beta still doesn't support waypoints on the ma2 but did fly while streaming to FB today. It seems to work pretty well although can't see any comments while flying...not that I would want to. RTH works well and looking around with your finger on the screen seems to work better than fly.

Is there any word about Litchi waypoints finally being operational on the Mavic Air2 ?

I own a Mavic Pro 1 that flies waypoints beautifully. I would like to purchase an MA2, but only if the Litchi waypoint facility is now operational. The Mavic Air2's 34 minute flight time is a huge draw for me.

Last edited:
Is there any word about Litchi waypoints finally being operational on the Mavic Air2 ?

I own a Mavic Pro 1 that flies waypoints beautifully, but I would like to purchase an MA2, but only if the Litchi waypoint facility is now operational. The Mavic Air2's 34 minute flight time is a huge draw for me.
I think with DJI not supporting Consumer Drone SDK's Litchi and companies that rely on that are about done for.

Thanks for this response. Oh well, I'll stick with my old Mavic Pro1 workhorse. About time I curbed my constant yearning for newer drones ha ha. Good thing my primary requirement for any drone is that it must be Litchi waypoint capable, and must complete waypoint missions once signal is lost.

Reactions: JetM and L o k i
Good thing my primary requirement for any drone is that it must be Litchi waypoint capable, and must complete waypoint missions once signal is lost.
There is a Beta version that currently does support MA2, just not waypoints at the moment.

Even when Litichi officially announces support for the MA2, the second half of your requirements will not be met. In order to add waypoint mission support for the MA2, Litchi is implementing virtual joysticks to accomplish this as the SDK does not support the uploading of waypoint missions to the MA2.

The more I hear about "virtual sticks" becoming the only means by which waypoint missions will be possible in future DJI products, the more I realize I'll probably remain loyal to my first-generation Mavic Pro, and my museum-piece Phantom 3 Standard, both of which might turn out to be the last DJI drones capable of flying out beyond signal range on pre-programmed missions.

With my daily driver automobile a weather-beaten but utterly reliable 1994 Mercedes E420 retrofitted with a 5-liter M119 V8 motor, it stands to reason that I'd also find it hard to part with my hangar of antique drones.

I just received an iOS testflight update to Litchi beta version 2.10.0 (2920) which says it now supports waypoint mode for Mavic Mini 1 and Mavic Air 2!!

Haven't had a chance to try it out. Hopefully it works! Please post your experience using Litchi and MA2 waypoints...

Thanks for this response. Oh well, I'll stick with my old Mavic Pro1 workhorse. About time I curbed my constant yearning for newer drones ha ha. Good thing my primary requirement for any drone is that it must be Litchi waypoint capable, and must complete waypoint missions once signal is lost.
I'm with you on those requirements...unfortunately DJI's SDK only supports Virtual Sticks interface so that precludes the ability to have mission continue when signal is lost. And that SUCKS!!!!

I'm with you on those requirements...unfortunately DJI's SDK only supports Virtual Sticks interface so that precludes the ability to have mission continue when signal is lost. And that SUCKS!!!!
As someone who occasionally works with aviation security (where the default "solution" to the perceived drone "problem" is to completely restrict drone operation), I have to ask - would you prefer no waypoints over "virtual sticks" waypoints? Truly autonomous operation makes the security world's collective eye twitch, because it's seen as "Terrorism for Dummies." So what would suck more - virtual sticks or NO waypoints?

As someone who occasionally works with aviation security (where the default "solution" to the perceived drone "problem" is to completely restrict drone operation), I have to ask - would you prefer no waypoints over "virtual sticks" waypoints? Truly autonomous operation makes the security world's collective eye twitch, because it's seen as "Terrorism for Dummies." So what would suck more - virtual sticks or NO waypoints?
In the specific case of DJI drones flying autonomously under Litchi guidance, DJI's hardwired No-Fly Zones will ensure that no drones venture into restricted airspace globally, but rogue drone pilots do have the option to purchase their GPS and autonomy-capable flying machines from far less scrupulous online drone sellers who, unlike DJI, relegate the enforcement of No-Fly Zones to a matter of operators' personal discretion.

DJI's legal department has its work cut out developing litigation firewalls as marketing and political priorities evolve, in a bid to remain in good standing with an Uncle Sam already leery about the surveillance capabilities of commercial and hobby grade Chinese drones flying in US airspace. For as long as Litchi and other third-party drone flight planning packages offer their auto-flight capabilities on an exclusively DJI platform, individuals bent on invading No-Fly Zones will either assemble their own custom drone systems or go for non-DJI products.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe