DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 and Litchi

trevsdad

Reactions
Anyone have the current status on support for Litchi for MA2?

Litchi Support (VC Technology Ltd)

14 Sep 2020, 10:27 BST

Hi,

DJI has said they will add support for the Mavic Air 2 in a future SDK update towards the end of the year. This update is required for Litchi to support this drone. At the moment we don't have more details on which feature will be supported.
Kind Regards,
Litchi
Online help at Help - Litchi

This might be a N00b question, but will DJI continue to update its Fly App if the SDK is released with support for its two drones? I am fully enjoying the Beta for Litchi on my Mini, btw.

This might be a N00b question, but will DJI continue to update its Fly App if the SDK is released with support for its two drones? I am fully enjoying the Beta for Litchi on my Mini, btw.
Good question...if they don’t...I say let it die.

All of DJI's previous drones have had SDK support, and DJI continues to update their other apps needed to control the drone. (DJI Go 4)

Reactions: UltraMagnusLRLL
I don't think you have to worry about the Fly app not being updated after the SDK release. There will be multiple updates for both as I suspect the Mavic 3 line will also use the Fly app. Just like when the Phantom 4 line was launched a new app called GO 4 was released with it "For drones since P4". So goes the Fly app, for drones since the Mavic Mini.

Reactions: UltraMagnusLRLL
From DJI MSDK Team member.

Mavic Mini will be supported around July this year (2020), Mavic Air2 will be supported in Q4 of 2020.

Michael From DJI MSDK Team

We need to wait to see what DJI came with.

Anyone have the current status on support for Litchi for MA2?
Here are two EMails i received from DJI. One explains how MSDK work and the other confirms the Mid-December 2020 release. It is then that each of the apps seem to make it work. Let's see how it goes. (I can still use the three apps on my Mavic Air (1), but prefer to be able to use the Air 2. I find it easier to get flying and has longer battery life.

JyElbKfT2XwXaz9PIvmQUgVM2QVTE8SwHNEzhj_fXtu8o8Bi6aJ_fkQVw3yeJaLvKPJ8F4urk99R147Csi9RnlyQ_bfoc2bfjmnms-yVeM8n0-NrxlvkLi9eYgczOBQDnnfWWHwiuCmS-7OuRxVXr2mkxI65NDyKCalLaE_ZpWEXDSsUfvZIn5ySt1cnHdS7YAYzzRensHHyYcn109oFUurFIZX2TpdI36E6xHuR8pe5c1Pw=s0-d-e1-ft
William Wong (DJI)

2020年11月13日 GMT+810:55

Dear Client
Thank you for contacting DJI.

The 4.14 is still on schedule, we will release on mid-decemeber.

Hopefully our solution can help you.
Kindly Regards,
DJI Developer Support

_JVIn1m77xeWhLdIHLIgh4oEDsTnOiJgLIHWqAfesIDpXNzJczraBBl6isW6j8Lz-7kGjONQ85PnTgL8J4ITAInegWIS4n5F31UzYtVua_4_wFxnxZUKS786y8-9E5v8CgpJwM1aQtyME_FLskT9IOrPUiGQraQ7jF3Eg_olVDRe4MByDx0eaB5VEa4GMDQDVoJ1An2WrDZNMoxwB4noYSllcbAnM_edakrZCiu3EkNeM3_1=s0-d-e1-ft
Ron C

2020年11月13日 GMT+810:08
这是一个先前请求 #39754“SDK”的跟进

William Wong (DJI)
2020年10月9日 GMT+810:56
Dear Client
MSDK stands for Mobile SDK, it a sdk library for iOS and Android platform. DroneDeploy, Pix4d and Litchi are using MSDK to develop. So as soon as the MSDK 4.14 version released, they will start working on supporting Mavic Air 2.
(Is the mid-December release date for MSDK 4.14 still on schedule)?
Kindly Regards,
DJI Developer Support

Here are two EMails i received from DJI. One explains how MSDK work and the other confirms the Mid-December 2020 release. It is then that each of the apps seem to make it work. Let's see how it goes. (I can still use the three apps on my Mavic Air (1), but prefer to be able to use the Air 2. I find it easier to get flying and has longer battery life.

JyElbKfT2XwXaz9PIvmQUgVM2QVTE8SwHNEzhj_fXtu8o8Bi6aJ_fkQVw3yeJaLvKPJ8F4urk99R147Csi9RnlyQ_bfoc2bfjmnms-yVeM8n0-NrxlvkLi9eYgczOBQDnnfWWHwiuCmS-7OuRxVXr2mkxI65NDyKCalLaE_ZpWEXDSsUfvZIn5ySt1cnHdS7YAYzzRensHHyYcn109oFUurFIZX2TpdI36E6xHuR8pe5c1Pw=s0-d-e1-ft
William Wong (DJI)

2020年11月13日 GMT+810:55

Dear Client

The 4.14 is still on schedule, we will release on mid-decemeber.

Kindly Regards,
DJI Developer Support

_JVIn1m77xeWhLdIHLIgh4oEDsTnOiJgLIHWqAfesIDpXNzJczraBBl6isW6j8Lz-7kGjONQ85PnTgL8J4ITAInegWIS4n5F31UzYtVua_4_wFxnxZUKS786y8-9E5v8CgpJwM1aQtyME_FLskT9IOrPUiGQraQ7jF3Eg_olVDRe4MByDx0eaB5VEa4GMDQDVoJ1An2WrDZNMoxwB4noYSllcbAnM_edakrZCiu3EkNeM3_1=s0-d-e1-ft
Ron C

2020年11月13日 GMT+810:08
这是一个先前请求 #39754“SDK”的跟进

William Wong (DJI)
2020年10月9日 GMT+810:56
Dear Client
MSDK stands for Mobile SDK, it a sdk library for iOS and Android platform. DroneDeploy, Pix4d and Litchi are using MSDK to develop. So as soon as the MSDK 4.14 version released, they will start working on supporting Mavic Air 2.
(Is the mid-December release date for MSDK 4.14 still on schedule)?
Kindly Regards,
DJI Developer Support
Thanks...

Just curious as to why a "Like" is preferable to someone taking the time and effort to type in a response and post? Conversely a "like" only takes a click with little thought or effort.

Pappy, I do Like written responses. However, I like to see my "Reaction Score" rise as well. Thanks for asking.​

Good job, writing to DJI. It's amazing what you can find out if you just ask!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan