DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 and skin

Hi like the colour of your skin on drone, what's the colour called please and is it easy to install on drone?(any trips?)
Thanks for any feedback ?
Hi Troyboy2
It's the Carbon effect skin in a matt finish from Decalgirl.
I didn't have any issues putting it on, it comes with instructions and
installation tips so if you follow these there should be no problems. ??

Question. Just bought my first skin for my Mavic Mini. Is there any issue with the vinyl skin when put on the back (battery compartment)? From reading other threads I understand that the back of the Mavic Mini is where the Bluetooth signal is received? The vinyl doesn't inhibit the remote signal?

Also loved all the pics of these skinned out drones. They all look great.
I have noticed zero change in the performance of my MM since putting the skin on.

I have covered my DJI quads with Decal Girl and WrapGarde materials. Decal Girl offers a greater variety and custom made skins and a good quality, value priced skin. While WrapGarde has limited selections, I have found the skin material to be thicker and provides more complete coverage at greater price..
This is a custom made (Decal Girl) on MM Debbie Art for MM.jpg This is the Combustion (Decal Girl) on MM New skin combustion.jpg
This is the Combustion on a on a MA2.MA2 flight1.jpg this is the (Wrapgarde) Black textured camo on the MA2, applied last night. MA2 Camo sm.jpg I like the ability to customize my quads. A skinned quad flies better, much like a "clean" car drives better.?
Take your time applying the decal, enjoy the experience and the results. Wish you well.

Reactions: Uncle Pete
I have covered my DJI quads with Decal Girl and WrapGarde materials. Decal Girl offers a greater variety and custom made skins and a good quality, value priced skin. While WrapGarde has limited selections, I have found the skin material to be thicker and provides more complete coverage at greater price..
This is a custom made (Decal Girl) on MM View attachment 121486 This is the Combustion (Decal Girl) on MM View attachment 121487
This is the Combustion on a on a MA2.View attachment 121489 this is the (Wrapgarde) Black textured camo on the MA2, applied last night. View attachment 121492 I like the ability to customize my quads. A skinned quad flies better, much like a "clean" car drives better.?
Take your time applying the decal, enjoy the experience and the results. Wish you well.
Is it just me, or does that orange camo pattern look like someone barfed after eating an orange and sandwich? ;)

Is it just me, or does that orange camo pattern look like someone barfed after eating an orange and sandwich? ;)
Depends on your diet ;) My sister in law proudly created the art, some sort of oil thing. It is the framed base of the art in picture, and I thought I would check Decal Girl's work on duplicating and creating the decal. It worked out well, and won some serious points with in-laws. It opened up all sorts of possibilities. Create your own, and eat better :)
Enjoy your safe flights.

I love the look. But changing the color to black must make the drone harder to see in low light, and dark background conditions right?
Thank you, I love the look as well. i personally don't want to draw attention to my
drone when i'm out flying, i've never struggled to see it so for me it's not an issue.

Has anyone experienced any overheating due to the skin? Particularly the battery??
Just wondering......
Thanks!
i have had skins on both my drones and they have not made any,difference to the temperature of the drone or battery ,the only time they can cause an issue is if they have a metalic film in them then they can interfere with the compass and GPS signal

Reactions: Jeff2020
i have had skins on both my drones and they have not made any,difference to the temperature of the drone or battery ,the only time they can cause an issue is if they have a metalic film in them then they can interfere with the compass and GPS signal
Tracking... thanks OMM.....

I was putting mine on and stared with the RC and batteries and I remember someone saying on here that it took them like 2hrs to install.

So while I was doing the RC and batteries it was pretty easy so I said to myself, whoever said that was a loser..

Well, I take that back, once I got to the drone itself it took forever lol

7D4C29EA-CE6E-470E-9024-8274FFB2DEF1.jpeg

Reactions: Dbez1
Love how you all done with your drones...Amazing artwork guys.. ; -)

Attachments

• DESIGN CATALOG 2022_0023_PAGE 1 HK TAXI.jpg
    DESIGN CATALOG 2022_0023_PAGE 1 HK TAXI.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190