DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 automatic settings in video Pro mode

KewDok

Reactions
Coming from the GO4 app and the Mavic Air 1 I was a little frustrated that I was not able to go into camera pro video mode and choose what settings I want to set to auto, eg shutter speed and ISO. I know I can set white balance to auto.
I thought this was just a missing feature in the Go Fly app.

Then, I saw a Youtube video by a guy flying an Air 2S and noticed he had a small "A" next to the settings I list above when using camera Pro mode. I only have an A when I set white balance to auto. Is this purposely not available for the Mavic Air 2 in the same app or is there some setting to enable it I have not found?

I know I could change to Auto mode for the camera, but then I can't monitor the settings. I also like to lock down everything manually, except shutter speed when using ND filters, so I can deal with a little fluctuation in the available light at the cost of varying motion blur.

It's the way it works now, you have some adjustments for either video or photo mode when not in Auto. There are no aperture adjustments. These maybe more than just Fly, there could be hardware design issues that create these situations.

Despite these limitations perhaps, I have no issues with the video or photo quality I get from my MA2.. While there is always perhaps some situation where having more options would be nice perhaps, I find that most of my flights output looks good, and I can always make some adjustments in post if there is something not quite right.

Reactions: Dbez1
No aperture adjustment for Ma2 because it’s a fixed aperture camera. Everything else is manually controlled.

Thanks for the feedback, but not quite what I am bringing up. :)
My comments are about auto shutter speed and ISO in Pro video for Mavic Air 2 specifically, not aperture.
I had these options available on my Mavic Air 1 (in the Go4 app) and I see that Auto ISO and Auto Shutter speed seems to be available in the Go Fly app for the DJI Air 2S, when in Pro Mode.
However, due to the lack of other answers I assume this is either a hardware limitation, or possible a limitation put in the Go Fly app.

Reactions: volition
Thanks for the feedback, but not quite what I am bringing up. :)
My comments are about auto shutter speed and ISO in Pro video for Mavic Air 2 specifically, not aperture.
I had these options available on my Mavic Air 1 (in the Go4 app) and I see that Auto ISO and Auto Shutter speed seems to be available in the Go Fly app for the DJI Air 2S, when in Pro Mode.
However, due to the lack of other answers I assume this is either a hardware limitation, or possible a limitation put in the Go Fly app.
Still not really clear... If you're in Auto in Fly in Video mode, you can adjust resolution from 4K to 1080P and FPS & EV. In Manual you can set white balance, resolution/FPS and shutter speed and ISO.. EV is not available.

In Photo mode in Auto, you can adjust Format (JPEG or RAW+JPEG. & EV, In Manual, you can adjust White Balance, Shutter speed, ISO and EV is not available.

Chances are this behavior is a combination of Fly and the AC it supports over Go 4 and the AC it supports.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada