DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 autonomous planned mission/ flight

vladvlad

Reactions
Hi,

I'm new here, considering of buying MA2. Question I'm interested: is it possible to plan and execute autonomous flight with MA2 , when RC signal is lost? Is there any upcoming support of this feature may be with Litchi or other app ?
Say, I want to put 5 points on the map and asked MA2 to make a flight through these point, and my RC ma have no signal with drone during this flight - is it possible with MA2 now ? can be possible in the future ?
As far as I understand it should be possible with MP2, but didin't find clear answer regarding MA2. I see DJI released SDK with MA2 support, but didn't find if what i want will be supported.
Also, another question: if such flight is possible, is there tech possibility to schedule flight at certain time ?

No, MA2 does not support waypoints in firmware. Any waypoint support from apps such as Dronelink, requires a live connection between RC & AC.

Reactions: vladvlad
No, MA2 does not support waypoints in firmware. Any waypoint support from apps such as Dronelink, requires a live connection between RC & AC.

Thanks, but is there any way to find out if DJI is going to enable waypoints support in the future ?
I couldn't find this info anywhere. I'm fine with "No" - this info would make my choice easier.

The only "official" word from DJI regarding onboard waypoint support for the MA2 is that there's insufficient memory to support the feature (posted by a rep on their developer forum). This was met with much skepticism as multiple people pointed out that the Hyperlapse feature essentially supports a specialized subset of waypoints, and that many would be happy to give up Hyperlapse if it meant gaining first class waypoint support. But that's the closest we've had to anything definitive.

The only "official" word from DJI regarding onboard waypoint support for the MA2 is that there's insufficient memory to support the feature (posted by a rep on their developer forum). This was met with much skepticism as multiple people pointed out that the Hyperlapse feature essentially supports a specialized subset of waypoints, and that many would be happy to give up Hyperlapse if it meant gaining first class waypoint support. But that's the closest we've had to anything definitive.
Yeah, I've not seen any evidence of DJI backing down from a decision like this (requests for major features are generally rejected), so its as definite as it gets - NO.

Reactions: vladvlad
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone