DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 auxiliary light

Trying to find the best anti-collision lights to go on the MA2 seems like this light paired with something on top would be the way to go.

I find it useful, to relocate my drone during the day. It is bright and a good aid at dusk. The ability to turn it on/off with the left control button (if designated) is a convenient feature.

I find it useful, to relocate my drone during the day. It is bright and a good aid at dusk. The ability to turn it on/off with the left control button (if designated) is a convenient feature.
Indeed! Since it is on Auto by default, if you return at dusk and normally hand catch, as I do, make sure to cycle it to on, and then off well before landing, or it will otherwise completely blind you during your hand catch! I used to do this cycling to off before launch as a matter of course, but then, when I wanted to turn it on, to find it in the sky, instead, I turned it back to Auto, and the light didn't come on when I needed it, frustrating me, and then it totally blinded me when Auto turned it on during the after dark hand catch landing! Keep your finger on that left control button, and cycle through all the settings to get the one you really want, by paying attention on the screen as to which of the three cycled settings it has just been set to!

Reactions: wjkrysak
Trying to find the best anti-collision lights to go on the MA2 seems like this light paired with something on top would be the way to go.

Use strobes on the arms, legs (and different colors front/rear). Good anti-collision, don't have to worry about the tilt angle, and also takes care of the requirement to visually know the orientation of the drone. I also use different left/right colors on the front, but that's not really required.

My auxiliary light stop working. I tried all I think but nothing. I did On Auto and OFF. With On should go on no matter light condition. Right?

My auxiliary light stop working. I tried all I think but nothing. I did On Auto and OFF. With On should go on no matter light condition. Right?
No, "ON" only works after first arming the motors!
That gotcha caused me to set up a warranty return for my first Mavic 3 last December, until I found out it only works after arming the motors, unlike all other Auxiliary LED lights, like on the Mavic 2 and Air 2s, which can be bench tested without arming the motors. Please report back and confirm it still works properly with full user control while in flight. Others are saying they can't find any control toggle anymore!

No, "ON" only works after first arming the motors!
That gotcha caused me to set up a warranty return for my first Mavic 3 last December, until I found out it only works after arming the motors, unlike all other Auxiliary LED lights, like on the Mavic 2 and Air 2s, which can be bench tested without arming the motors. Please report back and confirm it still works properly with full user control while in flight. Others are saying they can't find any control toggle anymore!

I armed the motors and try ON OFF Auto and nothing works, No lights. I try deferent light condition and nothing No lights. My warranty is over if its only one year.

I armed the motors and try ON OFF Auto and nothing works, No lights. I try deferent light condition and nothing No lights. My warranty is over if its only one year.
Then it is likely broken. You can send it in to DJI for a free repair estimate. If it was dropped, the broken light may be the canary in the coal mine of other internal damage that might lead to bigger problems. Otherwise, learn to live without it and hope for the best. If you do send it in, after paying their very reasonable repair bill (under $100 is my wild guess, if it is just the LED), they will send you a brand new drone!

Your light is likely broken. if you care about it, you can send it to DJI, it will probably not cost very much to repair.
I have checked, and with the latest DJI Fly version 1.8.0 and with the latest firmware I can enable the light from the menu, even with the drone on my shelf with the motors off, so that's not the issue.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM