DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 camera distortion

railfan-eric

Reactions
I just got a used Air 2 from ebay and the drone was recently replaced under warranty and is in new condition. but i have terrible barrel distortion. the RR tracks or anything straight is wavy. My Mini 2 or my friends Mavic 2 Pro doesn't have this problem. Do I have a defective camera? I don't have any other lenses on it and no clear plastic.

but i have terrible barrel distortion. the RR tracks or anything straight is wavy. ... Do I have a defective camera?
It's hard to tell anything without seeing some original images to see what they look like.

Not common. If not correctable, contact seller about having DJI replace.. if possible.

Not common. If not correctable, contact seller about having DJI replace.. if possible.
I haven't noticed it on the videos or pictures. i noticed it during the live video feed. I haven't paid attention today when flying if it was still doing it. I've had a few firmware updates since having it. I don't know if a firmware update will correct it. I bought it used and no returns.

I haven't noticed it on the videos or pictures. i noticed it during the live video feed.
If your image files don't have it, there's nothing wrong with your camera.
The live view is subject to glitches and interference, the image saved on the SD card is what the camera is seeing.

Reactions: Pallidin
If your image files don't have it, there's nothing wrong with your camera.
The live view is subject to glitches and interference, the image saved on the SD card is what the camera is seeing.

I do have this glitch that shown up for one frame in this video and another. What is this from?
2022-06-23_19-41-20_0034.mp4_snapshot_03.18_[2022.06.24_00.43.13].jpg

I have never seen that glitch, but other than the glitch I find nothing wrong in the image, just poor lighting and high ISO cause noise.
Try to take a photo with good lighting during the day, and upload it here if you think that there is still a problem.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000