DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 cases

I wanted the most compact but not really a stiff hard case so I went with this one..Soft/Hard case.

And you could get it within a week in the US when you select ship from the US. Most of the cases are a long wait til July.

Reactions: tony086
What were they thinking? The Mini comes with a hard case, the Air 2 comes with a flimsy bag. I‘ve been looking at hard cases most of which are for the other models. Will the Air 2 fit in the cases for the other models. There are a very few cases I’ve seen marketed for the Air 2. Any recommendation?
GPC Case.GPS CASE.jpg

I wanted the most compact but not really a stiff hard case so I went with this one..Soft/Hard case.

And you could get it within a week in the US when you select ship from the US. Most of the cases are a long wait til July.

Can you post some pictures of the case you received? Do you still like it? That's pretty tempting, especially since there is a US/shipping option.

Can you post some pictures of the case you received? Do you still like it? That's pretty tempting, especially since there is a US/shipping option.

Yes, got in 10 days. I love the compact size. It's just a hair bigger than the stock DJI bag. Everything fits snugged.

ZRv2vN.jpg

35dzak.jpg

8u7URa.jpg
Gwf4aw.jpg

JE8aUt.jpg

6XIgUd.jpg

Last edited:
The Mavic Mini case is garbage. It’s some
cheap flimsy mounded plastic lined with fabric. A nice well stitched carry bag is far better.

I actually use a Mavic 2 bag (the one that would come with the M2 FMC). They sell for $38 on Amazon. It’s the best option of all IMO. It’s a super nice water resistant bag with enough room to fit everything.

GPC Case.View attachment 103956
The GPC case in one of the the above photos is mine. Someone took the photo from where I posted it. I identify it as mine by the small yellow "strip" top left - it is a padlock for locking the case. I am very happy with the case, which was designed for, and now contains a Mavic Air 2. It took 5 days to be delivered from the USA to Israel, DHL took $70, and Israeli customs took another $48.

Last edited:
cheap flimsy mounded plastic lined with fabric. A nice well stitched carry bag is far better.

I actually use a Mavic 2 bag (the one that would come with the M2 FMC). They sell for $38 on Amazon. It’s the best option of all IMO. It’s a super nice water resistant bag with enough room to fit everything.
i actually really liked the Mini case but I utterly hate the stupid Air 2 bag. Charger and outlet cable on top of batteries, other stuff in the side and lid pouches (ND filters, SD card reader, battery-to-usb adapter, usb-c cable) moving around change the way stuff fits in the bag (e.g. if the battery adapter drifts in front of the batteries, the RC no longer fits next to the batteries), no place to store props with confidence they won't get bent, it's really messy. Although the materials used are nicer than the ones in the Mini case, I enjoyed that one much more, everything had its place and I didn't have to take additional stuff out of the bag in the field in order to take out the stuff I need for flying (drone, RC, batteries). I went and ordered this case for the Air 2.

Reactions: suade8880
i actually really liked the Mini case but I utterly hate the stupid Air 2 bag. Charger and outlet cable on top of batteries, other stuff in the side and lid pouches (ND filters, SD card reader, battery-to-usb adapter, usb-c cable) moving around change the way stuff fits in the bag (e.g. if the battery adapter drifts in front of the batteries, the RC no longer fits next to the batteries), no place to store props with confidence they won't get bent, it's really messy. Although the materials used are nicer than the ones in the Mini case, I enjoyed that one much more, everything had its place and I didn't have to take additional stuff out of the bag in the field in order to take out the stuff I need for flying (drone, RC, batteries). I went and ordered this case for the Air 2.

Agree, I hate the Air 2 bag as well. Although, it seems to be really well made the design is very cumbersome. Like you've mentioned, the design is a mess with everything squished and rubbing against each other everything has to be perfectly stacked for the case to close.

Good choice on the case you chosen. Similar to mine but yours holds almost everything in it's own department.

Agree, I hate the Air 2 bag as well. Although, it seems to be really well made the design is very cumbersome. Like you've mentioned, the design is a mess with everything squished and rubbing against each other everything has to be perfectly stacked for the case to close.

Good choice on the case you chosen. Similar to mine but yours holds almost everything in it's own department.

This is why the Mavic 2 bag works well. It’s made for a slightly larger drone, so things are a bit more spacious and not “stacked”. I also have an additional soft lined pouch for the drone itself just as an added layer of protection, plus no need for a prop holder.

It’s super nice.IMG_0996.JPGIMG_0995.JPGIMG_0994.JPG

Reactions: suade8880
i actually really liked the Mini case but I utterly hate the stupid Air 2 bag.

I feel the same way. I am going to try the case from Smatree as soon as it shows up on amazon. I emailed the customer service and they said it will be in amazon warehouses any day now. Don't know if that's the truth , but it's what they told me.

I like the Nanuk 915 but really wanted a place to store my iPad mini 5. I ordered a new "blank" insert for the 915 and a red top finish piece. I'm still waiting on the new insert but have the hardest part almost finished. The top is cut and I just have a few edges to finish off.

Once I get the new insert and cut it the iPad will actually fit almost all the way down.

Attachments

• IMG_1510.jpeg
    IMG_1510.jpeg
    866.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1511.jpeg
    IMG_1511.jpeg
    760.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1512.jpeg
    IMG_1512.jpeg
    754 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1513.jpeg
    IMG_1513.jpeg
    787.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Reactions: wjkrysak
I like the Nanuk 915 but really wanted a place to store my iPad mini 5. I ordered a new "blank" insert for the 915 and a red top finish piece. I'm still waiting on the new insert but have the hardest part almost finished. The top is cut and I just have a few edges to finish off.

Once I get the new insert and cut it the iPad will actually fit almost all the way down.
What do you mean you ordered a new "blank" insert? I have this case and am looking for a way to nicely put my 8" tablet in the case. Is the blank just a solid piece of foam that you have to cut out everything yourself?

What do you mean you ordered a new "blank" insert? I have this case and am looking for a way to nicely put my 8" tablet in the case. Is the blank just a solid piece of foam that you have to cut out everything yourself?
I ordered one from kaizeninserts.com and yes I cut everything myself. I ordered the double thickness version. The red was also just a solid thinner piece of foam I cut. It was tedious but I'm loving the end result.

IMG_1522.jpegIMG_1526.jpegIMG_1528.jpeg

This bag is perfect for walking with to you take off point. For me fits all I need to fly, including tablet holder, landing pad and sun hood.

Nice cases. I like the stiff foam and cutouts. With my case, I have to Pluck and spray with Plastic Coat. Another thing I favor in the larger cases, is the ability to stand the controller on edge and leave the sticks on.
While I use my MA2 FMC bag to stuff in my backpack. I use the Pelican 1400 case for quick toss in the car, knock around. Yesterday, I did a float test and all came out as expected.
1400 float.jpg1400 post water test.jpg Pelican float test video

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandman3769
I love the air 2 bag. It’s nice and comfortable to wear if you want to switch it front or back. It’s about as small as you can get and carry what you need. Wish the mini came with a similar bag. The mavic 2 FMC bag is nice also. Those GPC cases are nice but I they are a little too big for me and some don’t have a strap. I don’t like that you have to put the case down when flying.

Nice cases. I like the stiff foam and cutouts. With my case, I have to Pluck and spray with Plastic Coat. Another thing I favor in the larger cases, is the ability to stand the controller on edge and leave the sticks on.
While I use my MA2 FMC bag to stuff in my backpack. I use the Pelican 1400 case for quick toss in the car, knock around. Yesterday, I did a float test and all came out as expected.
View attachment 105314View attachment 105317 Pelican float test video
I had A similar idea, only I went with a different orange case.
7D5E28FF-635A-4BE6-8255-13386756F9C8.jpeg
05F7B4AB-A1B3-4BDE-8B47-D05E61FCC29F.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun