DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Catch Handle

Why not just use the ski-type landing gear - it just clicks on in 2 seconds, weighs next to nothing, is very cheap and makes hand launching and landing easy and safe. And you can land normally on sandy ground, grass, etc. if you choose to. I've always used it with no problems...

Or something like these, for about the same weight (12 to 13 oz.):

Yes, this makes much more sense than attaching a handle to the drone.

Reactions: MA2 317 and AZDave
neat idea, I just put skate board grip tape where my fingers need to be for a standard hand catch for a visual que and a little safer grip. launching has always been a pain in the *** reaching the launch button on the screen (cant use the sticks with 1 hand)

You always want to land your drone in your hand out in the desert. The handle works the same as landing on your hand with your hand further away from the props. You wouldn't be able to do a normal landing with the handle attached but I don't want to land in sand either.
I'm in southern Arizona, plenty of sand. I use a 30" landing pad (one of the ones that folds to a easily-transported size) and have no issues with dirt/sand. Or I find a large flat rock and brush any offending sand away with my wisk. Alternatively, I land it on the bed cover of my pickup truck. Just sayin', there are alternatives to hand catching if you are uncomfortable with the idea.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC