DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Compass error

I am afraid none of these files contain the problemetic flight. The correct file should have the filename ending with FLY087
This is the only info I have for problematic flight. Which shows drone landed then on RTH mode malfunctioned on take of landing upside down.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201019-105617_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20201019-105617_Photos.jpg
    494.8 KB · Views: 4
This is the only info I have for problematic flight. Which shows drone landed then on RTH mode malfunctioned on take of landing upside down.

There has been multiple reports on the Air 2 giving the homepoint updated message mid flight for no reasons but the actual home point memorized by the craft stayed unchanged. This is the latest report on the issue : RTH UPDATED concern. I believe the same has happened to your drone.

As the drone landed onto wet sand at maximum forward speed in the previous flight, it is highly unlikely that it has landed safely. Furthermore you have lost view of drone at that moment because it has descended below the point you were positioned, you could not have initiated another takeoff just a few seconds later. Unless there are more data, I am still of the view that the previous flight did not end in proper landing but crash.

I hope you can get the drone fixed and fly again soon.

There has been multiple reports on the Air 2 giving the homepoint updated message mid flight for no reasons but the actual home point memorized by the craft stayed unchanged. This is the latest report on the issue : RTH UPDATED concern. I believe the same has happened to your drone.

As the drone landed onto wet sand at maximum forward speed in the previous flight, it is highly unlikely that it has landed safely. Furthermore you have lost view of drone at that moment because it has descended below the point you were positioned, you could not have initiated another takeoff just a few seconds later. Unless there are more data, I am still of the view that the previous flight did not end in proper landing but crash.
Thank you for your input, after retrieving drone there was no damage at all noticed landing gear legs had sand congealed in recesses of legs up to halfway point. There was a point were safe landing mode message appeared on screen. Its actually now with repair centre have dji refresh hope this is not going to make my claim invalid. Thanks again Len

...There was a point were safe landing mode message appeared on screen .....

Not too sure about what that message is but the flight log does indicate that the craft has entered the "forced landing" mode which is the normal mode of landing commanded by full-throttle-down stick input.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun