DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 controller: incessant beeping

No reference to stick error.

The crazy thing about this is that DJI doesn't have anything in the MA2 documentation that refers to what beeping means. I even contacted DJI and all they said was "Update the firmware and if that doesn't work, send it back." Why isn't DJI support aware of this? Makes zero sense.

Take a look at your obstacle warnings, what I discovered caused the beeping for me at takeoff is ME! Yes, I am causing the sensors at the front or rear to go nuts with beeping, until lifted above me, since working this out, there is just the few initial warning beeps as it launches, now. I put myself much further away from the drone and also make sure there is nothing within cooee (Aussie for a few metres) of the bird.

I hope that this is all your auditory annoyance is.

Reactions: s2seyecle
Actually, as stated earlier in the thread, I fixed it by calibrating the RC. It had nothing to do with the aircraft. It beeped as soon as I turned on the RC, even if the aircraft was still turned off.

Actually, as stated earlier in the thread, I fixed it by calibrating the RC. It had nothing to do with the aircraft. It beeped as soon as I turned on the RC, even if the aircraft was still turned off.
Humblest apologies for not being thorough enough with my skim reading all the responses, sorry for the annoyance!

Reactions: s2seyecle
One reason that the controller can and will beep is if one or both sticks are not centered when it is powered on. You can cause this by holding a stick off center and then turn the RC on. It will beep like mad. With the MA2 RC, I am now in the habit of moving the sticks around, and then back to center, prior to turning it on. This seems to have stopped the occasional beeping that I was getting.
Thank you for sharing this solution. My controller was beep beep beeping incessantly on power on today without me touching the sticks and not solved by switching it off and on a few times. It had done something similar before but not for long. However today whilst the controller was off I moved both sticks in multiple directions and then left then to centre. On turn on,hey presto, no more beeping!! Happy chappy! Thanks again.

This is the reason why I join this forum to find out why.

Go thru your settings and calibrate you Compass and your IMU.

Next check to see if you have a firmware update.

It will beep every time until you get it done.

When I thought I had the firmware update done then it was a battery update.

Most of the time when you do a firmware update then the battery you have in will get the update but if you have spares then they will need the battery updated done on each one.
Might just be the solution to the now and again RC calibration issues I'm having sometimes when I power up, thank you..?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada