DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 controller: incessant beeping

Miataguy

Reactions
So every time I fire up my Air 2 and controller, the controller beeps constantly for several minutes before it eventually stops. Sometimes its only a minute or two, but other times it can be 5 minutes. There are no warnings on the screen, the lights on the drone are blinking green normally, satellites are locked, signal is good, yet it still insists on making a hole in my head for several minutes.

What might be causing it?

Reactions: Davyc
Beep - Beep, Beep - Beep
or
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ?

Reactions: itsneedtokno
This is the reason why I join this forum to find out why.

Go thru your settings and calibrate you Compass and your IMU.

Next check to see if you have a firmware update.

It will beep every time until you get it done.

When I thought I had the firmware update done then it was a battery update.

Most of the time when you do a firmware update then the battery you have in will get the update but if you have spares then they will need the battery updated done on each one.

Most of the time when you do a firmware update then the battery you have in will get the update but if you have spares then they will need the battery updated done on each one.

Thank you

Reactions: MindlessPursuit

How do you update the firmware if its already up to date?

You can download DJI assistant 2 and do it from the computer.

Last edited:
So every time I fire up my Air 2 and controller, the controller beeps constantly for several minutes before it eventually stops. Sometimes its only a minute or two, but other times it can be 5 minutes. There are no warnings on the screen, the lights on the drone are blinking green normally, satellites are locked, signal is good, yet it still insists on making a hole in my head for several minutes.

What might be causing it?
One reason that the controller can and will beep is if one or both sticks are not centered when it is powered on. You can cause this by holding a stick off center and then turn the RC on. It will beep like mad. With the MA2 RC, I am now in the habit of moving the sticks around, and then back to center, prior to turning it on. This seems to have stopped the occasional beeping that I was getting.

One reason that the controller can and will beep is if one or both sticks are not centered when it is powered on. You can cause this by holding a stick off center and then turn the RC on. It will beep like mad. With the MA2 RC, I am now in the habit of moving the sticks around, and then back to center, prior to turning it on. This seems to have stopped the occasional beeping that I was getting.
If that is the case then why not do the "RC Calibration?"

So I updated the firmware, and calibrated, the IMU and Compass.

The controller still beeps when I fire it up. Although it stops a bit sooner - after maybe 30 seconds.

So I updated the firmware, and calibrated, the IMU and Compass.

The controller still beeps when I fire it up. Although it stops a bit sooner - after maybe 30 seconds.
Do you have just one battery?

In settings.... Under Control ..... is RC Calibration

I doubt that is the problem.

Your app is on what? Phone or tablet?

There is an arrow in the upper left corner in the fly app that will let you go in an out of the app.

Takes you to the splash screen and at the bottom is your Profile.

Tap on that and go to settings.

This is another way to go to firmware updates.

Also the place to clear cache but I do not think that is the issue.

I go into that setting and back to get it to pop up an update if there is one for the battery.

I would take my time and do not be around any kind of metal then do the IMU and Compass one more time.

Well, there is practically nothing the same between P4P and MA2.

There is nothing the same between you and me as well but we both speak English. Dont you think there is a high chance that the P4 P and MA2 share the same controller beeping language ?

Last edited:
Do you get any reference to stick error? I ask because I had this problem with my 2 yr old Mavic 2, it was intermittent and re calibrating the controller only cured it for one or two flights. Also at the start of the calibration process when you leave the sticks central, I notices slight (up to 10%) pulses on the left stick. After a couple of months I returned d it to my supplier for repair. They could not get it to fail so they returned it to DJI who said they had found a manufacturing fault and replaced it free of charge. Hope this helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memotec