DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2: controller not connecting with aircraft

vicvideopic

Reactions
I am aware of several people having problems activating the Mavic Air 2, but I believe mine is a different issue.
When I turn on the remote controller, after having the aircraft switched on, the controller LEDs are supposed to turn solid on, after flashing for a few seconds.
In my case the LEDs keep flashing, it just doesn't make connection with the aircraft.
So, I cannot even try to activate it on DJI FLY, as the app doesn't see the drone.
Any suggestion would be very much appreciated

Just to be clear, you are pressing, releasing, then holding the RC power button to turn it on?
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I do. I own 7 drones, my house looks like an airport, and I review drones on my YT channel. I am not exactly a beginner.
I switch on the drone, then I switch on my tablet, this is my usual workflow, then I switch on the remote controller, which does gives the usual DJI tune (which confirms that the controller is on), then flashes as usual, but then the LEDs keep flashing, instead of turning solid.
So apparently the remote controller doesn't manage to make contact with the drone

Reactions: InvisibleName
Hi did you try to do ( after turning drone and controller) the dance two joysticks down and out .? mine was I cound fly it , but I had no connection to my tablet . tried drif cables tablet phone . called DJI Sent for MA2 combo replacement

Problem solved!
After retrying the day after, this baby decided to behave like a good boy.
Thank you for your replies

DJI replaced my Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller after finding the original faulty. The new RC has not been linked to the MA2 and so I cannot fly. In DJI Fly I get the message "Aircraft not connected to RC". This is not a fault, I just don't know the linking procedure. Can anyone tell me how to link the MA2's RC to the MA2? @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
I just found the answer. Manual, page 35. Very simple, and worked perfectly. I left this here in case someone else hits this problem.

Linking the Remote Controller
The remote controller is linked to the aircraft before delivery. Linking is only required when using a new remote controller for the first time.
Follow these steps to link a new remote controller:
1. Power on the remote controller and the aircraft.
2. Launch DJI Fly.
3. In camera view, tap and select Control and Connect to Aircraft.
4. Press and hold the power button of the aircraft for more than four seconds. The aircraft beeps once indicating it is ready to link.
The aircraft beeps twice indicating linking is successful.
The battery level LEDs of the remote controller will glow solid.

Last edited:
DJI replaced my Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller after finding the original faulty. The new RC has not been linked to the MA2 and so I cannot fly. In DJI Fly I get the message "Aircraft not connected to RC". This is not a fault, I just don't know the linking procedure. Can anyone tell me how to link the MA2's RC to the MA2? @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
I just found the answer. Manual, page 35. Very simple, and worked perfectly. I left this here in case someone else hits this problem.
In the manual... Who’d have thought it! ;)

In the manual... Who’d have thought it! ;)
It's all a matter of finding the right keyword to search. I tried "pair" and "pairing". Nada. Then I tried "link". 56 occurrences in the manual. About 40 of them in the word "blink". Tenacity is what led me to the answer. sheer tenacity. :cool:

Reactions: InvisibleName
Hello. I have read through the MA2 user manual and these threads regarding troubleshooting linking. I have tried everything on this thread. I still an having no success connecting the controller to the device. I downloaded the dji assistant as well, it cannot connect to the device either. Any other suggestions before I call dji? Oh, I forgot to mention. I can snap photos when clicking the right trigger button, it saves to the memory card randomly. Gets more interesting, I was able to follow the instructions regarding pushing down and out on the joystick knobs to get the drone to communicate to the RC manually. I could fly the drone without any camera view. The app is not communicating to the RC. Wondering if it could be the cord? Appreciate the help.

Last edited:
Sir you need to contact DJI I had the same problem and tried three different phones /tablets still no connection. this happened to me. They gave me a choice to send back the controller or the set I sent the cobo pack back and got a new Drone cobo set in 7 work days (usa) good luck

I experienced the very same issue. The MA2 controller could not communicate with my iPhone 8 Plus. After running some tests with Tech Supp, I was told to send my controller (only) back to DJI. I just received the "fixed" controller today, and now everything works perfectly. I did have to re-PAIR the controller with the aircraft, but this was successful as well.

Happened to me too. they gave me a choice, I up for the whole combo set :)

Same issue here. Bought off ebay, Flew perfect twice then same issue. "remote not connected to aircraft. Tried the three buttons hold down and it beeps in pair mode, but same result afterwards.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilldale Harry