DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 crashed near the military zone

Janocha

Reactions
Hello,

I flight in Gran Canaria, near military zone (i don't know is this a reason of crash). You will see this zone on log below. There was a big circle radar.

Here is the log:

Could you please help me to understand what was wrong?

If I not wrong there was a battery instalation issue form my site? :( Maybe I was not check it correctly.
The drone just fall into the rocks. I found it, gimbal was broken, battery cover was broken too. Two of motors make a different sount when i rotating it.

Thanks for help.

Nothing in the mobile device .TXT log indicate anything out of the ordinary ... besides that it ends with the craft still airborne up on 68ft above the HP.

The log ends just 1,1sec after that you release the aileron stick from full which makes the craft roll forcefully from -19 degrees to +22 degrees in order to break ... this can give support to a battery disconnection.

In order to investigate somewhat further we need the mobile device .DAT log to look into what happens with the motors.

Go here & read up on how to retrieve it (read under section 3.) --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide ...the correct .DAT log ends with FLY008.DAT, retrieve it and attach it in a new post here.

Reactions: Janocha
Thank you slup,

If I'm not wrong I must to search this dat file on the drone memory, so it must wait to back to my country.
In mobile i don't have this numer of dat file, maybe because i downgraded the 1.4.8 app to 1.4.4 because someone told that the 1.4.8have a lot of bugs :/

Thank you slup,

If I'm not wrong I must to search this dat file on the drone memory, so it must wait to back to my country.
In mobile i don't have this numer of dat file, maybe because i downgraded the 1.4.8 app to 1.4.4 because someone told that the 1.4.8have a lot of bugs :/
No ... the .DAT log in the craft itself is encrypted & can only be read by DJI staff.

If the mobile device .DAT log is gone it's either due to that you have synced the logs to the DJI cloud service (it's default to have it set to auto sync) ... or it got deleted when you uninstalled DJI FLY 1.4.8.

Then this is how far we can go in this case I'm afraid ...

Try to contact DJI about this ... as you still have the craft & they also most probably have access to the mobile device DAT (due to the sync) they will either say that the logs doesn't show a reason (power loss due to a disconnected battery) or they can see that the motors stop without a reason.

Last edited:
If the mobile device .DAT log is gone it's either due to that you have synced the logs to the DJI cloud service (it's default to have it set to auto sync) ... or it got deleted when you uninstalled DJI FLY 1.4.8.
Oh, i can't find the place in the dji app when I can see the dat log. But in the folder apps don't have this number of dat files (propebly deleted when I unistaled 1.4.8).

So te dat file can get only dji staff, from they servers, yes?

The attached might help. Whether or not the fc_log.DAT is processable I do not know. I have been able to process somefc_log.DAT's from some of my drones

Attachments

• log locations.png
    log locations.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
The attached might help. The fc_log.DAT may be processable
Yep ... but this is a Mavic Air 2, have never seen a fc_log.log from any other craft than from the Mini family. But who knows this might surprise me ...

Oh, i can't find the place in the dji app when I can see the dat log. But in the folder apps don't have this number of dat files (propebly deleted when I unistaled 1.4.8).

So te dat file can get only dji staff, from they servers, yes?
Have you looked in the correct place in your phone..? The DAT logs are in DJI » dji.go.v5 » FlightRecord » MCDatFlightRecords

If that folder doesn't contain the FLY008.DAT, it's gone ... been erased either during a auto sync to the DJI cloud service or when you downgraded the FLY app. If this is the case ... & your Mavic Air 2 doesn't have a fc_log.log on the SD card in your craft (proposed earlier), the only thing you can do is to contact DJI

Last edited:
Thanks,
Yes I checked this location, the folder is empty, so maybe this file is on the dji servers.
I got in touch with they and waiting to answer.

Hi guys, I'm back with the feedback.

I wrote to DJI for a help. They wrote that I could send a drone to them and analyze whether it was my fault or not.

So finally the drone was repaired for free and have a new batterry too. But I don't have infomation wat was wrong when the drone was crashed.

Thank you very much for help and really big appreciation to DJI.

Rafal

Hello,

I flight in Gran Canaria, near military zone (i don't know is this a reason of crash). You will see this zone on log below. There was a big circle radar.

Here is the log:

Could you please help me to understand what was wrong?

If I not wrong there was a battery instalation issue form my site? :( Maybe I was not check it correctly.
The drone just fall into the rocks. I found it, gimbal was broken, battery cover was broken too. Two of motors make a different sount when i rotating it.

Thanks for help.
Please do not fly near military installations you could get in serious trouble if your drone accidentally crosses the no fly zone and crashes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User