DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 dji app questions

Joshuayaddow

Reactions
How do I turn on the thing at the bottom middle of the screen that tells you where and which way the drone is pointing in accordance to your controller

How do I turn on the thing at the bottom middle of the screen that tells you where and which way the drone is pointing in accordance to your controller
The map / compass feature has always been in my lower left of the screen (Air2). The compass feature "supposedly" does not work / function correctly if you don't have an Internet / cell connection. I have seen the compass feature on my non-Internet connected tablet, so there is that. Mine mainly shows the old map which is fine for me, as I only use it when I need to know where my drone is (due to momentary loss of visual) and from that I can track back.

BTW - it's not set to the RC, but works off the homepoint - which may not be where you launched from - so take that into account. If you don't hear "Bitchin Betty" say homepoint has been set within a minute or so of taking off and you've begun your flight - the "H" on the compass / map will be that point - not where you / your RC are Situational awareness is very key, esp to new pilots and knowing where your homepoint actually is. If you depend on or use RTH (which I advise not to become dependent on it - more of a last ditch safety feature) - the drone will return to that homepoint setting, not where you took off from if it did not set there.

The homepoint / RTH can be reset, but that would require you to fly directly overhead or close to your location and set it to come back to you. Many posts on that subject, esp if you plan on flying over water and may be on a boat that changes position from the set homepoint.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stokdgenetics