DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 does not fly straight

jaivuetasoeur

Reactions
Hello all, first of all, English is my second language so please be kind about grammatical mistakes.

I have a MA2, and from some time now, although I don't remember when, it's stopped flying straight. I would say that it drift to the left of 5 meters for every 100 meters flown at a locked direction. Obviously, the wind is not a issue here but here is what I did.

IMU calibration, compass calibration, gimbal calibration, sensor calibration, joystick calibration. I've even tried to manually adjust the gimbal to compensate for the drift. Firmware are up to dates. Any idea? I did not opened a case with DJI yet but I might just do that. Still got my refresh if I ends up in a dead end. Thanks for your support!

Have you checked the propellers? Have you checked for any obstructions in the motors? If you can't see anything, perhaps just change the propellers and see if the situation changes. If you're still stuck you should call DJI and see what they say.

Even though you have done a compass calibration, have you checked to see whether the indicated heading is actually correct? A heading error is almost always the cause of crabbing. But, 5 meters lateral per 100 meters flown is a track error of only 3°, which is not very large.

You have done a gimbal calibration, does that include any fine adjustments to make sure the camera is pointing dead ahead? it can make it seem like you did not fly to where you originally pointed. (hope this is making sense)
I know I did this with my Phantoms, I don't know if the correction is available in Mavics.

Mine did that, checked the numbers on Airdata and things were not looking to good so contacted DJI and it turned out it had motor/ESC issues.

Hello all, first of all, English is my second language so please be kind about grammatical mistakes.

I have a MA2, and from some time now, although I don't remember when, it's stopped flying straight. I would say that it drift to the left of 5 meters for every 100 meters flown at a locked direction. Obviously, the wind is not a issue here but here is what I did.

IMU calibration, compass calibration, gimbal calibration, sensor calibration, joystick calibration. I've even tried to manually adjust the gimbal to compensate for the drift. Firmware are up to dates. Any idea? I did not opened a case with DJI yet but I might just do that. Still got my refresh if I ends up in a dead end. Thanks for your support!
If you're not an experienced technician, I suggest raising the issue with DJI before you can complicate the issue even more. If you have a DJI Care Refresh, DJI will look at the issue(s) professionally for free if you've not exhausted the free(replacement and service) that come with the insurance.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50