DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Firmware v01.01.0700

bravezoo63

Reactions
I upgraded firmware today on my Mavic Air 2 (to version 01.01.0700) The RTH function behaves quite erratically now. The drone turns to home when prompted, but it won't proceed toward home point until RTH is cancelled and I fly manually. There is also loss of vertical control. The drone no longer follows descent commands in RTH and wants to fly up to my pre-set 393' limit instead. Whaddup??? Is there any way to return to a previous firmware version?

I'm having about the same exact problem. I have two Mavic Air 2's, and only one is doing it.
When I hit RTH, it ascends to the preset RTH limit, goes forward for a while, stops, and begins going up again. It keeps repeating this process until it hits the overall preset altitude limit. I too think it has something to do with a firmware update, but I can't find any way to roll it back.
I've tried all kinds of things, including using a different remote, using a different phone, refreshing the firmware on the drone & remote, rolling back the app all the way to 1.4.2, calibrated all sensors Mutiple times, including IMU and obstacle sensors. It's driving me crazy, lol. Nothing has worked.

Sorry your are experiencing this too. DJI online support had me refresh firmware v01.01.0700. Unfortunately, they no longer allow you do revert to earlier firmware versions - don't no why. The refresh actually made the issue worse. Then they had me recalibrate the sensors, again no improvement. They even had me try wiping off the sensors with a soft cloth - no improvement. Funny thing, the RTH function works perfectly when I fly in the dark, which is the only way to disable the sensors. Tuning off obstacle avoidance helped until I refreshed the firmware again, now that doesn't even help. So DJI sent me a shipping label and my drone is now in route to Fort Worth for repair or replacement. It still sounds like a firmware issue to me, seeing as the sensors work perfectly when the drone is not in RTH. I'll let you know what the DJI folks find out.

I think I just found a way to flash the firmware to a previous version using Drone-Hacks. I'm going to give it a try this evening. Got nothing to lose, lol. I don't trust flying it without functioning RTH
And yes, mine seems to function normally, other than the RTH.

Sorry your are experiencing this too. DJI online support had me refresh firmware v01.01.0700. Unfortunately, they no longer allow you do revert to earlier firmware versions - don't no why.
The reason why is Drone-Hacks.

I think I just found a way to flash the firmware to a previous version using Drone-Hacks. I'm going to give it a try this evening. Got nothing to lose, lol. I don't trust flying it without functioning RTH
And yes, mine seems to function normally, other than the RTH.
They mention on their site "Downgrade not possible. DON'T BUY.".
EDIT: Sorry, I guess it's only applicable for the NFZ hack to work.

Last edited:
I just ran the program, and it showed that it could be rolled back. I haven't tried it yet though, as I'm in the middle of something else. I'll try in a few minutes

I was able to roll the firmware back to 01.01.0610, but it made no difference. It still continues to gain altitude during RTH.
Guess I'll have to find out how much DJI will charge to take a look at it. I'm out of ideas. Bummer lol

I have two MA2's. One I bought new, and it's fine. Haven't had any problems with it. The other I bought used, but in excellent condition. I've had it for over a year, and never had any problems until recently. Never been crashed, or even bumped hard that I know of. I have refresh on the one I bought new, but unfortunately the Refresh ran out on the used one, and they sent the Refresh + notice to the previous owner. I'll have to pay the full amount, whatever that may be...

It is winter over here so I didn't had a chance to fly since October.. got the same behavior. Anyone who finally figured out how to fix this? Thanks gens

Firmware can't be downgraded from the current version any longer, and I tried all of DJI's suggested fixes (refreshing the firmware, wiping off the sensors, recalibration, turning off Brake and Bypass function, etc) - all to no avail. RTH is too important a function for it not to be working properly. So I ended up making a care refresh claim and DJI sent me a new MA2, which works perfectly. It took about two weeks for the new drone to arrive. Sorry for the bad news, but for this issue, you may have to contact DJI about repair or replacement.

Reactions: jaivuetasoeur
Firmware can't be downgraded from the current version any longer, and I tried all of DJI's suggested fixes (refreshing the firmware, wiping off the sensors, recalibration, turning off Brake and Bypass function, etc) - all to no avail. RTH is too important a function for it not to be working properly. So I ended up making a care refresh claim and DJI sent me a new MA2, which works perfectly. It took about two weeks for the new drone to arrive. Sorry for the bad news, but for this issue, you may have to contact DJI about repair or replacement.
According to a new thread Drone Hacks is capable of downgrading the A2 and A2S now.

Reactions: Faster
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan