DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 footage....cinematic....not sure?

J.C.

Reactions
I love almost everything about the Mavic Air 2 exept the Fly app....like a lot more DJI go 4 app. We were able with the go 4 app to slow down the gimbal tilt so we were able to start moving the gimbal up or down slowly from the start to the end of the movement. It would slowly start moving and didn't stop suddenly when releasing the wheel....we were able to make it stop gradually. Same thing with the yaw exp settings we were able to turn the drone left or right slowly and gradually and make it the movement stop gradually even if you were letting go the joystick. Now the problem I have is that in my footages when I roll the gimbal up and down it seems that when I let go the wheel it stop so suddenly that it make a king of effect in the video like a shaking... Not much but in a 4k 65 inch tv you see it. Same thing when you yaw too fast and let go the joystick you see like a tiny vibration in the video .... Not much but I see it. The effect it makes is like the image flashes.....hard to describe. Surely we cannot make cinematic footages with the Fly app as of now. Is anyone as this effect of shakiness when the gimbal or drone stop too suddenly. I though there was a Anti vibration option like in standard cameras. Need you feedback on this?

Gimbal speed adjustments are coming in a future update according to a YouTube video titled Top 21 DJI Mavic Air 2 Questions and Answers.
Do you have that non stable image at the end of gimbal or yaw movement sometimes? We would need an image stabilization like on cameras!

Do you have that non stable image at the end of gimbal or yaw movement sometimes? We would need an image stabilization like on cameras!
DJI has successfully done this on almost all their other gimbal assemblies, and the MA2 gimbal merely needs to embellish the FW/app control over the existing gimbal.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580