DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 for disaster surveying except...

Dronebow

Reactions
I love this little drone but when will companies like DroneDeploy support it or even mention it?? And there doesn't seem to be any way to extract GPS location information unless you happened to already have enabled closed captioning in the app. It's just a little absurd to me that out of the box this doesn't have a way to get the GPS data anywhere in the app.

Aside from that, I did use it to survey damaged areas from the Hurricane Laura and it does a phenomenal job. Would have been nice to draw out a grid and get pictures DroneDeploy style to overlay on Google Maps though.

DJI hasn’t released the SDK for the Mavic Air 2 yet so companies like DroneDeploy and Pix4D can’t add support for it. I haven’t heard when they will release it. Just a matter of time. The SDK for Mavic Mini was just released so support for that should show up soon in 3rd party apps.

A few months ago, DJI said they were aiming for a September 2020 release date for the Mavic Air 2 SDK. So fingers crossed we get something this month!

Reactions: DavidT_ NZ
I love this little drone but when will companies like DroneDeploy support it or even mention it?? And there doesn't seem to be any way to extract GPS location information unless you happened to already have enabled closed captioning in the app. It's just a little absurd to me that out of the box this doesn't have a way to get the GPS data anywhere in the app.

Aside from that, I did use it to survey damaged areas from the Hurricane Laura and it does a phenomenal job. Would have been nice to draw out a grid and get pictures DroneDeploy style to overlay on Google Maps though.
I corresponded with Drone Deploy after I bought my Air 2 in May. They are waiting to get code from DJI to be able to add this drone to their list, for waypoint planning, etc. We use the new Phantom 4 RTK for land survey mapping. It would be nice to add the Air 2, as well.??

Reactions: Dronebow
Hello guys! I just bought my Air 2 and I was hoping Drone Deploy would it be compatible with it as I saw on their website that Mavic Air is compatible! But, when I try to lunch the app with my drone turned on it simply doesnt show up. Do we have any news as I can't find anything related?

Thanks.

December, 13th 2020?
OMG, I hope so!
Thanks for the reply!

That might be the release date of the DJI SDK, but once released, then the developer of your app would also need to update their app to add Mavic Air 2 support.

"I sent them an email. This is what I got back.

Dear Client
Thank you for contacting DJI.

The MSDK 4.14 version which supports Mavic Air 2 is planned to be released at middle of December, 2020.

Hopefully our solution can help you."

I just found it right now at DroneDeploy forum.. This is a message from DD, a guy sent them an email and they reply with that! Thats good!

You can get gps location from exif info in the jpg files. Photoshop positions the images for you. There are other apps that can extract it. You can also use exiftools and exiftools gui.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada