DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 FPV issue

okcthunder

Reactions
sorta new here. Just got my Mavic Air 2 a few days ago and updated firmware to latest one. Anyone having issues with FPV mode? FPV mode on mine does not work. Anyone has this issue and any answers or resolution? Thanks

You might need to give a little background on what you have tried [emoji16]

You might need to give a little background on what you have tried [emoji16]
hey Canuk, thanks for the reply. I figured it out. It has to do with the new firmware update. For some reason, the latest firmware has somewhat disabled the FPV mode causing to the camera to maintain stabilize when shifting left or right.
Before, when in FPV mode, when shifting left/right, the camera will roll left/right like you're in a jet or something.
Now, after the update...Both Follow and FPV are essentially the same. Hope that makes sense. Unless you experiecne something different.

I tested this by downgraded the firmware prior to the latest one. Selected 'FPV' and it worked fine. Then updated firmware back to the latest one, FPV doesn't work anymore. Hope that not much confusion. LOL.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
I had the opposite problem fob would not work with old few but after I updated to the latest it does work now.

When you down graded your firmware did you lose your zoom feature. I would hate to lose the-zoom.
Yes, you do lose the zoom feature. So re-aquiring FPV is not worth losing the zoom feature in my book. Perhaps DJI will fix FPV in a later fw version.

Bank/roll has been disabled unless you choose to fly without collision sensors on.

Well that don’t make much sense if you can’t fly with front and rear coverage in standard mode

Puzzling as FPV works on my MA2 using only the yaw input, FW V01.00.0340, Fly Version 1.1.8.

The default setting is disabled with the new firmware, you have to unlock it like you have and accept the warning that pops up when you first do it if I remember rightly. Also Yaw is just turning/rotating left and right. Not banking/roll / moving sideways left and right.

Too many people were flying their mavic side ways into trees, hills hence the change

Reactions: tonydeli7
The default setting is disabled with the new firmware, you have to unlock it like you have and accept the warning that pops up when you first do it if I remember rightly. Also Yaw is just turning/rotating left and right. Not banking/roll / moving sideways left and right.

Too many people were flying their mavic side ways into trees, hills hence the change
If you have eyes on the aircraft and apply yaw input you will see the aircraft now performing coordinated turns. It will bank left or right without any roll input. Previous to the last update a yaw only tuern would be flat unless you added roll input.

hey Canuk, thanks for the reply. I figured it out. It has to do with the new firmware update. For some reason, the latest firmware has somewhat disabled the FPV mode causing to the camera to maintain stabilize when shifting left or right.
Before, when in FPV mode, when shifting left/right, the camera will roll left/right like you're in a jet or something.
Now, after the update...Both Follow and FPV are essentially the same. Hope that makes sense. Unless you experiecne something different.

I tested this by downgraded the firmware prior to the latest one. Selected 'FPV' and it worked fine. Then updated firmware back to the latest one, FPV doesn't work anymore. Hope that not much confusion. LOL.
i found the same thing, i think DJI have messed up again,,,lets hope they sort it its the same for everyone as far as i know :confused: :rolleyes:

Ok so i have found out that in the latest firmware the FPV mode has been swapped round IE opposite sticks ,the left yaw now makes the aircraft give the fpv roll.tried this tonight works great

Reactions: InvisibleName
Yeah, it's "different" than how it used to be, but not necessarily "bad". In fact, I really like the new flight mechanics. If it is some kind of bug, I hope they keep it -- or at least make the behavior optional, which would allow those who liked it the old way to revert if they want.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Yeah, it's "different" than how it used to be, but not necessarily "bad". In fact, I really like the new flight mechanics. If it is some kind of bug, I hope they keep it -- or at least make the behavior optional, which would allow those who liked it the old way to revert if they want.
im guessing its normal but they did not tell us about it lol.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3