DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 gimbal replacable???

Mazdaman323lx

Reactions
Can I replace my stuck gimbal on my MA 2 with a ali express replacement or is it paired to the drone , similar to what apple does with its phones / home button ?

From what I know, if you are replacing with a brand new gimbal (ie not salvaged from a working drone), it should be easier. But it WILL require factory level software to recalibrate / pair the gimbal either way. One way would be to purchase a new gimbal, and get a service center to do the calibration for you (for a fee). This should save you the headache.

If you are dead set on DIY all the way, I can share more links for you to study / try. But, if you just want to enjoy the flying camera hobby, take my advice and spend the $

It would be a 5 minute job for me to swap out one unit for another. Theres no service centre in my country and dji will rape me for the privilage of pairing the two. It's a page from apples play book.

Can I replace my stuck gimbal on my MA 2 with a ali express replacement or is it paired to the drone , similar to what apple does with its phones / home button ?
It is a plug and play, no special equipment necessary to cal beyond what is available in App.

Are you sure ? . Previous commenter said it requires factory level pairing with the drone before it will work.

Here is the closest guide I can find
If you scroll through the comments there is 1 person stating that the Mavic Air 2 works in the same way but no further details. Good luck and if you need the DJI tools to do the same I can send it to you. It is in UI form but I think it sends the exact same commands, but it was built for Spark.

Wow thats a great help thanks. I have one or two trouble shooting ideas i'd like to try before pulling the trigger on buying a relacement gimbal , if no luck with those I'l definately p.m you when the new one arrives.
Would love to get my bird fixed without DJI screwing me over .
Many Thanks for that again.

You may just need to replace the gimbal cable that controls the gimbal. It is a lot cheaper than replacing the whole gimga.
The gimbal/camera consists of several parts which can easily be replaced. Check the flat cable coming from the control board above the gimgal\camera assembly and see if it is damaged.

Just a last note : It seems the drone firmware is looking at matching the serial no. of the camera. So if a direct drop in fails, perhaps you can attempt to transplant the old camera back to the new gimbal assembly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne