DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 integrate a ADS-B receiver.

yaniroou

Reactions
Hello guys,
As I have a Mavic Air 2 bought a couple of months ago from Spain, and it lacks ADS-B module, I was thinking if I can change the gps module circuite with the GPS+ADS-B module. I was searching on the internet and the integrated circuit is basically the same size and shape. So the question if you think its reasonable at all.
I found the module on a USA webpage here DJI Mavic Air 2 GPS & ADS-B receiver board – US Drone Parts
Also here you can see how you can teardown the Mavic Air 2 and take a look at the GPS+ADS-B module.

I will be glad to see a teardown of a Mavic Air 2 with no ADS-B function, before I teardown mine.

Reactions: DougMcC
Very well done video. Great staging and lighting of work area. Concise. Thank you

Hmm. I'm interested on the answer to this question too, as it would be cool to be able to add ADS-B capabilites to my air2 too.

Guys , waste of time!

Im in the EU and have ADS-B 3W version.

Firstly the Airsense ADS-B only works if you have FCC enabled, which in EU must be hacked.
Secondly, in order to get warning from ADS-B you need to be in close proximity of an aircraft and such aircraft needs to have ADS-B out capable transponder in order for your drone to see it.
I have tested my drone at my local airport where I also fly planes, and my air 2 wasn't able to detect any traffic at all.
The only aircraft it will give warning for is a newer aircraft with such capabilities and also you need to be within the altitude buffer in order to get warning.

For normal and responsible flying, in reality you will never need airsense. Planes dont fly below 500ft and you dont fly above it.

Save your money and dont bother updating it.. Of course unless you have deliberate desire to fly within Airport control zone, which I doubt..

Fly Safe

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS