DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 & Litchi

but given I will be new to waypoints and Litchi, best to wait for the real thing.
As far as I'm aware, even the current Litchi beta doesn't support waypoints for the MA2. Waypoints for the Mini (and thus the MA2) have been "coming soon" since around August last year, according to Litchi.

As I understand it, the gating issue is for DJI to release the Applications interface for the drone. Without it, Litchi's software cannot communicate with the drone. One can speculate that DJI would rather keep waypoint capability within their own app, rather than allowing 3rd parties access, very much like Apple.

As I understand it, the gating issue is for DJI to release the Applications interface for the drone.
Which they have done (though it's still considered a "TEST" release).
One can speculate that DJI would rather keep waypoint capability within their own app, rather than allowing 3rd parties access, very much like Apple.
The issue isn't one of keeping control, it's that they've made the business decision to not support waypoints in the MA2 firmware. There's no keeping it "within their own app"; Fly doesn't support MA2 waypoints due to lack of firmware support. So any waypoint support needs to utilize virtual sticks, which is a nontrivial development effort. DroneLink does this, as do a few other apps. Litchi's virtual stick waypoint implementation is still in development.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Waypoints not supported on the Litchi beta with MA2 anyway....but it does work well with everything else. They are supported on Dronelink beta though...and works great so far

Waypoints not supported on the Litchi beta with MA2 anyway....but it does work well with everything else. They are supported on Dronelink beta though...and works great so far
have you used dronelink with the MA2 ? i keep reading that dronelink is superior ?
i cant comment as not used either for a mission yet.

I read somewhere that the Letchi developers were waiting for the Air 2 SDK to come available. DJI announced availability a few weeks ago.

I have no idea myself.

Do you all think we are on the verge of seeing Air 2 waypoints with Letchi?

I read somewhere that the Letchi developers were waiting for the Air 2 SDK to come available. DJI announced availability a few weeks ago.

I have no idea myself.

Do you all think we are on the verge of seeing Air 2 waypoints with Letchi?

The SDK was released in December and Litchi issued a beta version that supports the Mavic Air 2 almost immediately afterwards. However, the SDK didn't include waypoints support, so Litchi is having to code something new themselves to add "virtual sticks" to their app to have the app fly to waypoints itself. This is taking a while, but supposedly will eventually come.

Reactions: pelagic_one

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242