DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Optical Sensors

• Thread starter Deleted member 119987
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 119987

I just purchased a new Mavic Air 2. Upgraded from a Mavic Air. I have the thing set to hover when coming up to an obstacle but there is no beeping or anything and it doesn't seem to see anything in front of it or behind it. Is there something I need to set to get these optical sensors turned on?

It is in normal mode. I have only hovered it so far to check things out. It was dusk though.. do you think it might have been too dark for the sensors to see? I never had any problems like that with the Air 1.
At one point it said it wouldn't fly side to side... I am guessing that was when I was switching modes... but I brought it back to normal mode which is where I normally fly my other drones

It's possible. The side to side mode is a setting also for the sensors. Sideways mode may be disabled for sideways movement.

I'll have to look at it more then. Im new to the dji fly app. Im not finding beginner mode to turn that off. and I haven't found side to side mode yet. I have noticed that sometimes optical sensors is turned off even after I have turned it on. seems its not sticking.

Sport mode will turn off the sensors and this will turn off sideways movements.
085303jbrthcbtj9thrble.jpg

So, today everything seems to be operating normally. I'm guessing ambient lighting affects the optical sensors and turns them off or they can't see any obstacles .

Reactions: Tufargon
I think you've identified the issue: the APAS or Obstacle Avoidance gets disabled in low light. 10 lux I think the manuals says.

If the landing light is turning on as you try to launch, then OA is most likely off.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej