DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Panorama Stitching Issues

RaptorJay85

Reactions
Hey Guys, new drone pilot here.

Purchased my first drone, a MA2 at the end of last year and couldn’t be happier with it.

I really like the panorama features, especially the 180 setting. The first dozen or so I took turned out incredible. But lately the last few I’ve taken the stitching hasn’t lined up perfectly ruining a few great shots. I never fly when there is Wind around and I make sure to not touch any controls at all until the shot has finished processing, I also keep all the firmware up to date.

Just wondering if its something I’m doing wrong and is there a way to fix this issue?

Thanks Guys

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I've taken quite a few panoramas with my MA2 thus far and have not noticed any stitching issues on the resulting images.

Have you tried recalibrating the gimbal? Can you post a few examples of panoramas you've taken with your MA2 that exhibit the stitching problem?

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I've taken quite a few panoramas with my MA2 thus far and have not noticed any stitching issues on the resulting images.

Have you tried recalibrating the gimbal? Can you post a few examples of panoramas you've taken with your MA2 that exhibit the stitching problem?
Hey mate,

I haven’t tried recalibration the gimbal, great call. I’ll give that a shot.

The stitching issues are only very minor (I’m a bit of a perfectionist haha). After reading rhbergs comment above, I have noticed the main areas I have had issues have been parts of the shot covering water.

I’ll post one of the effected shots.

Thanks for the suggestion mate!

Attachments

• C820BC36-4055-484E-8FCF-6DBED9808E30.jpeg
    10 MB · Views: 47
I also got bad stitching in the pano straight out of my M2P occasionally. Microsoft ICE is better and is FREE. Left is the crop of pano produced by the drone, right is that by ICE :

1609985644962.png

Reactions: RaptorJay85
Hey mate,

The stitching issues are only very minor (I’m a bit of a perfectionist haha). After reading rhbergs comment above, I have noticed the main areas I have had issues have been parts of the shot covering water.

Not really commenting on the stitching - but this shot is really amazing. I love the reflection of the sky on the calm water and the small distant cloud that looks like a storm may be brewing off over the water. Really well done, hopefully you can tweak the stitching (which isn't terrible...)

Chris

Reactions: RaptorJay85
Hey mate,

You're more than welcome, sir. Hope the gimbal recal works for you.

By the way, I downloaded your magnificent panorama. The amount of detail in the image is incredible and overwhelming, and try as I might, I can't seem to find any areas where the stitching might be off. Might just be my old eyes, though.

You're more than welcome, sir. Hope the gimbal recal works for you.

By the way, I downloaded your magnificent panorama. The amount of detail in the image is incredible and overwhelming, and try as I might, I can't seem to find any areas where the stitching might be off. Might just be my old eyes, though.

Yeah I was really blown away by the amount of detail in the panoramas! I got one blown up as a gift for my mum @ 1200x400mm and it turned out incredible.

The stitching was off in that one on the left hand side of the shot, where a few of the waves line up (only was off by a very small amount). Given the waves are moving the more I think about it, it would be very hard to get a moving subject lined up perfectly.

Reactions: screwthepap
I also got bad stitching in the pano straight out of my M2P occasionally. Microsoft ICE is better and is FREE. Left is the crop of pano produced by the drone, right is that by ICE :

View attachment 121047

Wow mate that’s an incredible shot! And yeah the difference in stitching is huge.
Is it simple to use? Do you just import the normal full processed panorama file or all the pre-processed files?

Thanks mate!

Not really commenting on the stitching - but this shot is really amazing. I love the reflection of the sky on the calm water and the small distant cloud that looks like a storm may be brewing off over the water. Really well done, hopefully you can tweak the stitching (which isn't terrible...)

Chris

Thanks Chris!

Wow mate that’s an incredible shot! And yeah the difference in stitching is huge.
Is it simple to use? Do you just import the normal full processed panorama file or all the pre-processed files?

Thanks mate!
Microsoft ICE is easy to use. It works on the original set of un-stitched photos. There are lots of tutorials on Youtube.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98