DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Parts?

mauiwh

Reactions
Hello:

I was wondering if anyone knows this answer. On the bottom rear of the Mavic Air 2 there are two little gray feet to protect the bottom. Are these replaceable, are they glued on, or do they snap in and out? Thanking you advance!

Regards,

MAUIWH

Mmm, looking at mine they don't look like they are easily removable.

Did you scuff them up on concrete? I bought this which I use for takeoff and landings each time. Kind of a pain but very nice....

Amazon: Tryroles Anchored Drone Landing Pad
Yes, they were scuffed on the flat ground. I was surprised because I have flown my Spark for two years on the same ground area and it still looks new. My guess is they changed the polymer and it is not as durable.

Perhaps just buff out with some 2000 grit sandpaper if it's not too bad (tape it off so you don't get dust on the machine of course)

I've been using the heli-pad, even before I had a nice UAC. It's good because it also protects the motors from dirt flying up, protects the gimbal, helps with grass landings...

But to your original question I don't think they are replaceable.

If it makes you feel better I already crashed my MA2 once. It didn't damage it,save for a slight scuff (minuscule) on the hood. I was lucky, it was during a test of the ability to follow me and they don't have side proximity sensors and it clipped a branch on a tree about 3 feet off the ground and she landed upside down. No other damages and she's running perfect thankfully. You'd never know unless I told you but, it happened.... Won't be having that happen again. LOL

Perhaps just buff out with some 2000 grit sandpaper if it's not too bad (tape it off so you don't get dust on the machine of course)

I've been using the heli-pad, even before I had a nice UAC. It's good because it also protects the motors from dirt flying up, protects the gimbal, helps with grass landings...

But to your original question I don't think they are replaceable.
WOW!

I really want to thank you! I bought and used the 2000 grit and taped off. I sanded by hand gently. The results are fantastic! Looks like it never had any scuffs and no deformation or discoloration of the rubber/plastic. I just purchased the landing pad you suggested!

If it makes you feel better I already crashed my MA2 once. It didn't damage it,save for a slight scuff (minuscule) on the hood. I was lucky, it was during a test of the ability to follow me and they don't have side proximity sensors and it clipped a branch on a tree about 3 feet off the ground and she landed upside down. No other damages and she's running perfect thankfully. You'd never know unless I told you but, it happened.... Won't be having that happen again. LOL
Sorry to hear that. glad there was little to no damage!

WOW!

I really want to thank you! I bought and used the 2000 grit and taped off. I sanded by hand gently. The results are fantastic! Looks like it never had any scuffs and no deformation or discoloration of the rubber/plastic. I just purchased the landing pad you suggested!

Awesome! Glad that worked. Amazing what some soft sand paper can solve ha ha

That pad is cool. I don't use the stakes on it, in fact I just put them in my garage for something else if I need them.

It has pouches that you can add weight to. I just took a couple of same-sized rocks from my yard (round river rock, about 2 in diameter, ), put them in the pouches and then put zip ties to hold the rocks at the bottom of the pouches. When I take it out, just have to lay it out, pull the pouches out to the side and it can withstand some decent wind while you are flying. I flew in roughly 10-15 mph wind the other day and it just sat there with the rocks holding it down.

Very cool little pad. Plus if you go anywhere grassy, wet, you can just throw it down on a flat spot and boom, perfect landing pad. No lawn mowing with the rear blades, gimbal is safe... packs up nice and fits in a backpack with your other gear, no problem... Plus adds some fun to landing, trying to get her center on the nose every time... I think it's great.

Sorry to hear that. glad there was little to no damage!

You and me both!!!

Awesome! Glad that worked. Amazing what some soft sand paper can solve ha ha

That pad is cool. I don't use the stakes on it, in fact I just put them in my garage for something else if I need them.

It has pouches that you can add weight to. I just took a couple of same-sized rocks from my yard (round river rock, about 2 in diameter, ), put them in the pouches and then put zip ties to hold the rocks at the bottom of the pouches. When I take it out, just have to lay it out, pull the pouches out to the side and it can withstand some decent wind while you are flying. I flew in roughly 10-15 mph wind the other day and it just sat there with the rocks holding it down.

Very cool little pad. Plus if you go anywhere grassy, wet, you can just throw it down on a flat spot and boom, perfect landing pad. No lawn mowing with the rear blades, gimbal is safe... packs up nice and fits in a backpack with your other gear, no problem... Plus adds some fun to landing, trying to get her center on the nose every time... I think it's great.

You and me both!!!
Well I can't thank you enough!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arny