DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Mavic Air 2 pictures are dark

Fortsand

Reactions
I have a Mavic Air 2 and I am fairly new with it. My photography skills are very basic. My video looks fine, but when I shot a still shot it is much dark. I am using an ND8 filter in bright sunlight. I have everything set on automatic basically. Thanks.

I have a Mavic Air 2 and I am fairly new with it. My photography skills are very basic. My video looks fine, but when I shot a still shot it is much dark. I am using an ND8 filter in bright sunlight. I have everything set on automatic basically. Thanks.
An ND8 filter will cut 87% of the light, so leaving that on for shooting stills isn't a good idea.
But if the exposure settings are on auto, the should compensate for the filter.
If you can post the original image file, I can look at the metadata to see if that has some clues.

Last edited:
Meta4 I appreciate your response. I have already photoshoped the photos, so I don't have one that I can send. The video portion looks fine, so why isn't the video portion dark also?? Thanks.

Meta4 I appreciate your response. I have already photoshoped the photos, so I don't have one that I can send. The video portion looks fine, so why isn't the video portion dark also?? Thanks.
If you don't have the original jpg, shoot another.
No need to even fly.
Just a test shot of a room or your garden etc so I can check the metadata to see the settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saladshooter
Does the ND 8 Really cut out 87%?
Really
An ND filter reduces the light by 3 stops.
Each stop equals a halving (or doubling) of the light level.
1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/8 .. This is how much light gets through an ND8 filter.

Or as shown in the table, only 12.5% of the light gets through.
55c59614060ce53e25b22423563e4a8f.nd-tabela.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78