DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2. Remote not pairing with Drone

Jo Bloomfield

Reactions
Just purchased Mavic air 2. flown 10-12 times no issues. I haven't used it for a month so recharged and now drone won't pair with RC.
RC has 4 lights blinking simultaneously. Drone turns on and does usual beeps but no connection to RC.
Haven't crashed and very well looked after.
Can't do a firmware update unless connected.
Instructions say to hold button on drone battery for 4 seconds to start pairing. Not working either. Tried various batteries and restarts.
Had owned Mavic Pro prior so have some experience.

in the fly app you can do a reconnect, hook up the phone/tablt to the rc and look there.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Some others have had the same issue

thanks but I tried that, no luck.

Does the RC recharge ? Does it link when on charge ?

You can do a firmware refresh for the AC and RC independently by using DJI Assistant 2

Reactions: hiflyer201
You have to engage pairing on both the RC and AC, not just the AC.

A problem like this came up with the mini after firmware updates. Solution was to remove the SD card temporarily.
thanks for reply. no luck doing this either. Actually starting to think a malfunction in RC?

Does the RC recharge ?
Yes. I checked and reconnected to chargers using different cords etc. Indicating full when charged, turns on and connects to app. All four lights on RC blinking at once and white.App is saying aircraft not connected! shows RC is connected.

I guess you have tried the 2 linking methods

I guess you have tried the 2 linking methods

thanks. I tried those and still nothing. I'm actually wondering now if issues with the drone. As the only lights coming on are on the battery with no arm lights doing anything. when I get to the point of pressing the battery button to engage linking nothing is happening. Back to store I think.

This happend to me when I first got my mavic air 2, flew it maybe 5-10 times then went to connect everything nothing happend. My phone and remote would pair up however nothing would connect via drone and remote. I bought mine from drone nerds and they told me to send it back and sent me a new one within a week. Probably just something wrong with the drone

Reactions: Jo Bloomfield
You have to engage pairing on both the RC and AC, not just the AC.

A problem like this came up with the mini after firmware updates. Solution was to remove the SD card temporarily.
Thanks this helped for my situation where the mavic air 2s would not enter into the pairing mode until I removed the SD card.

Reactions: Lecheeb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
do72er