DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 RID

Great question and a very helpful pointer as to when it may happen. I get over the pond now and again (most years) and it will be good to be legal. My first visit to the US was in 1969 on a rugby tour and I had the honour of playing against a team in Richmond VA which I see is just over the water from you.

Reactions: Alpost56
Great question and a very helpful pointer as to when it may happen. I get over the pond now and again (most years) and it will be good to be legal. My first visit to the US was in 1969 on a rugby tour and I had the honour of playing against a team in Richmond VA which I see is just over the water from you.
Yes, Cape Charles is north of Virginia Beach, has a very small local community, and is also very touristy. Many locals have private air strips, so safety is a priority when flying a drone.
I was hopeful there would be an upgrade instead of having to purchase another drone.

Reactions: twickers14
Yes, Cape Charles is north of Virginia Beach, has a very small local community, and is also very touristy. Many locals have private air strips, so safety is a priority when flying a drone.
I was hopeful there would be an upgrade instead of having to purchase another drone.
No promises a new update will be made available but in case there is no update, your second choice (before going out and buying a new drone) is to purchase an FAA-compliant external broadcast module which will transmit remote ID; you can attach it to you drone and legally comply with remote ID regulations.

Hopefully A2 Sept 30th. But have to buy an external id for my Phantoms anyway. Waiting for a few more choices.

Hopefully A2 Sept 30th. But have to buy an external id for my Phantoms anyway. Waiting for a few more choices.
I am hopeful. I find it very odd that DJI has not yet provided a RID software upgrade for the A2 and smart controller, yet to date they are still selling the A2 combo on Amazon for a hefty price.
I assume that the A2 the are still offering is not RID compliant.

Reactions: Capt KO
Here is a statement from DJI

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown