DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Mavic Air 2 Slow Motion Test

Todd Clarke

Reactions
Up to yesterday I had never tested the 120fps and 240fps video modes on the MA2. I did a couple of tests hovering over my front yard and another at the beach to capture some movement at slow motion. This camera has constantly amazed me and I keep finding new features like this. I can see why many here on the forums are of the opinion that the MA2 is hands down the absolute best value drone on the market today. The 'Bang for Buck' is without equal. It'll be interesting to see if the Air 2S is as good a deal when we find out what the price point will be.

I wish I could answer that!! (I’m not what you’d call an experienced photographer and tend to just use the auto settings) If I’m playing around with ND filters I’ll tweak it a little in manual mode, but these were on auto using the 120fps and 240fps slo-mo presets.

Up to yesterday I had never tested the 120fps and 240fps video modes on the MA2. I did a couple of tests hovering over my front yard and another at the beach to capture some movement at slow motion. This camera has constantly amazed me and I keep finding new features like this. I can see why many here on the forums are of the opinion that the MA2 is hands down the absolute best value drone on the market today. The 'Bang for Buck' is without equal. It'll be interesting to see if the Air 2S is as good a deal when we find out what the price point will be.

Thanks for posting these. They are fantastic and we seldom see these kinds of interesting videos.

What kind of file size did you have on that 2 min Wanda slow mo?

Reactions: RkyMtnHigh
Pure awesomeness! No particular settings, using mostly auto and the results are defining for the MA2. Nice work and thanks for sharing.

Amazing footage. Can’t wait to try my MA2 out in these modes. Thanks for sharing!

What kind of file size did you have on that 2 min Wanda slow mo?
It was made up of a number of seperate files, but as an example, an unedited file at 120fps runs around 315mb for 1 minute 45 seconds and at 240fps a 290mb file runs around 3 minutes.

Doesn’t seem to make sense, but there it is. (I would have thought the 240fps file would have been bigger...)

Does anyone know why this is the case??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121