DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Stick becomes unresponsive when held.

JohnLietzke

Reactions
I just update the DJI Fly app for IOS this morning and went out to fly.

I noticed that when I was flying on the way back to my Home Point with full bars that while holding the right stick upwards at the max that the Mavic would stop and I would have to release the stick and push it forward again to resume forward motion. This happened repeatedly at least 10 times. The airspeed dropped to 0.0 mph and would almost instantly respond to the forward stick push, but often it would reach 25 mph and then stop again. I was close to landing and decided to toggle the speed mod switch to Tripod mode and this did not happen. I returned it to Normal/P mode and was not able to test if this resolved the problem due to battery level.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

I don’t have an air2, so I’m uncertain about that aircraft and it’s features.
Is it possible it may have something to do with obstacle avoidance?
Flying into the direction of the sun will do what you describe on other DJI products.

Good point. I was flying towards the sun at the time. If it occurs again I will disable Obstacle Avoidance and see if that remedies the problem. Switching to sport mode will also disable Obstacle Avoidance.

Looks like the forward OA sensor has sensed some obstacles when the craft was tilted downward. Disabling OA will tell if that's the reason. Checking the flight log will also do. An example of the Air 2 braking due to OA :

1604549187762.png

Last edited:
Thanks, I had no had time today to pull the logs. Another use also suggested this was issue. Thank you for taking the leg work out of the issue. I will take a look at the logs and see if that occurred.

I just update the DJI Fly app for IOS this morning and went out to fly.

I noticed that when I was flying on the way back to my Home Point with full bars that while holding the right stick upwards at the max that the Mavic would stop and I would have to release the stick and push it forward again to resume forward motion. This happened repeatedly at least 10 times. The airspeed dropped to 0.0 mph and would almost instantly respond to the forward stick push, but often it would reach 25 mph and then stop again. I was close to landing and decided to toggle the speed mod switch to Tripod mode and this did not happen. I returned it to Normal/P mode and was not able to test if this resolved the problem due to battery level.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

I’m here bc this happened to me today. I got my DJI refresh replacement and first flight out I was moving forward full speed in normal mode and the drone stopped in mid flight. I think there was a vibration from the controller. I stopped and pushed forward again it got up to speed then stopped again. It was very far from any obstacles, about 30 m up, the only thing “close” was some power lines about 20 m away I thought perhaps they were interfering somehow?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78