DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 temperature check

Steel63

Reactions
Hi everyone just got my ma2 i was wondering has any one flown in 95 degree temperature with heat index over 100 and is it safe

Hi everyone just got my ma2 i was wondering has any one flown in 95 degree temperature with heat index over 100 and is it safe

I have, just watch the battery temp i have done it in sports mode with a wet suit (neoprene) covering and it seems ok.

Also per the manual:
Operating Temperature Range
-10° to 40°C (14° to 104°F)

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I have, just watch the battery temp i have done it in sports mode with a wet suit (neoprene) covering and it seems ok.

Also per the manual:
Operating Temperature Range
-10° to 40°C (14° to 104°F)
Ok thanks i haven't opened the box yet i want to add insurance

Ok thanks i haven't opened the box yet i want to add insurance
Friendly advice, if you go to the top of the MA2 Help forum, you’ll see a sticky that will show you where you can download the detailed user manual (not in the box) - it’s a good read while you wait

Reactions: Bob from Woodridge
I live in SW Florida yesterday it was 97 with 108 heat index flew three batts back to back No problems just keep an eye on your batt temps.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
When I fly in hot weather, use a laser temp gun, to check drone temp. You can buy a temp gun to see how hot it gets. You should measure the most important part of the drone the Heatsink under belly. On my MP the Fan kicks on when the core board temps gets to be 110 to 116 degrees. It will keep the drone cool enough to avoid over heating. If you are flying when temps outside is over 100 degrees, I keep temp gun close. Just like taking my body temps, for covid-19, I also take my drones temp especially on Hot and humid days. I take the drones temps before and after flight, taking temps of each motor before flight. Heat sink temp should never get above 125 degrees or you risk frying your FC ESC board. Also, if it gets to hot, I use ice packs under the drone to cool it off. Mine is up on 3 inch skids, lots of room for a ice pack, my ice packs have special covers so no moisture droplets are absorbed into the drone.

When I fly in hot weather, use a laser temp gun, to check drone temp. You can buy a temp gun to see how hot it gets. You should measure the most important part of the drone the Heatsink under belly. On my MP the Fan kicks on when the core board temps gets to be 110 to 116 degrees. It will keep the drone cool enough to avoid over heating. If you are flying when temps outside is over 100 degrees, I keep temp gun close. Just like taking my body temps, for covid-19, I also take my drones temp especially on Hot and humid days. I take the drones temps before and after flight, taking temps of each motor before flight. Heat sink temp should never get above 125 degrees or you risk frying your FC ESC board. Also, if it gets to hot, I use ice packs under the drone to cool it off. Mine is up on 3 inch skids, lots of room for a ice pack, my ice packs have special covers so no moisture droplets are absorbed into the drone.

Even with a cover on your ice pack, placing something that cold next to your drone is likely to cause moisture condensation inside, especially if the drone is in a hot and humid environment. I wouldn't recommend it.

Even with a cover on your ice pack, placing something that cold next to your drone is likely to cause moisture condensation inside, especially if the drone is in a hot and humid environment. I wouldn't recommend it.
Thank you for your input, Going to contact DJI, see what they have to say.

just got ma2 (few weeks ago) almost all my flights 100+ yesterday 108...sage advice above

Thank you for your input, Going to contact DJI, see what they have to say.
But why? What he States is true it's basic science you're putting something very cold on something very hot.... condensation will build up on the inside... overtime I don't see that being good

I fly in Arizona..I conduct Post Flight Ops..Remove battery immediately and i use mattress infkater to cool off prop motors and components in body through vents ...Just sayin..
That is all...Carry on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo