DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Update Question

RABray

Reactions
I updated my Mavic Air 2 today and then went to fly it. I found The throttle would not let me fly higher than 45 feet and forward did not respond once I got out 50'. I finally noticed the red area of my display saying that I was not signed into my account. I clicked the area and signed into my dji account and viola all controls wnet fine as expected. I never had to do this before. Is this part of the new updates? Will I have to sign in every time I fly? If I have to sign in each time I have an issue, as this seems like a major overreach by dji. I do not need dji looking over my shoulder all the time.

I updated my Mavic Air 2 today and then went to fly it. I found The throttle would not let me fly higher than 45 feet and forward did not respond once I got out 50'. I finally noticed the red area of my display saying that I was not signed into my account. I clicked the area and signed into my dji account and viola all controls wnet fine as expected. I never had to do this before. Is this part of the new updates? Will I have to sign in every time I fly? If I have to sign in each time I have an issue, as this seems like a major overreach by dji. I do not need dji looking over my shoulder all the time.
You had mentioned in previous thread, it had been sitting for awhile. How many updates did it have to do to get current? Probably 4 or more since last Oct when you last flew.

Should not have to log in every time an update happens or flight. Seems you lost your settings in the process, so you have to go thru all that once and should be good. Can always do a quick check when at home and not flying just to make sure.

Thank you. Yes I had to update the other day when I turned it all on. I do not know if there were multiple updates it only showed I needed to update controller and then update aircraft, so there may have been multiples that updates. Thank you for the replies, I'm glad I do not have to sign in every time I fly, that seemed like I would be watched all the time. I'm back to loving this thing. Every time I fly it it amazes me how much technology they can fit in one of these, I'm old....When I started as a kid there was only escapement controls on out planes and it was only one surface controlled. What and exciting time to be alive!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329