DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 upgrade to Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic Zoom?

kent sutton

Reactions
I’m looking to upgrade from my Mavic Air2 to a pro 2 or Mavic 2 zoom. I’m a roof salesman and wanting to know which drone will fit my needs best as to locating and taking good pics of hail damage. Also are there any components from my air 2 that I could use on a pro 2 or zoom like controller or batteries? I have the regular controller that uses a cell phone.

No there is nothing you can share except the SC .
We use the Zoom a lot and I think for Convenience the Mavic 2 Zoom would be in your best interest if you are using the Zoom on the Air 2 in 4K .

Honestly I am not sure you will be able to spot the difference in the pictures without taking the time to Edit them to there fullest potential.

We do really enjoy the 48 Megapixel Picture on the Zoom and use that more than any other feature on the drone.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Snow and land on Water.

Reactions: Saladshooter
I’m looking to upgrade from my Mavic Air2 to a pro 2 or Mavic 2 zoom. I’m a roof salesman and wanting to know which drone will fit my needs best as to locating and taking good pics of hail damage. Also are there any components from my air 2 that I could use on a pro 2 or zoom like controller or batteries? I have the regular controller that uses a cell phone.
I have both the Mavic Air 2 and the Mavic 2 Zoom. I love them both. In my opinion I don't think that you will get much improvement going to either the M2P or the M2Z..... the MA2 is a great drone. Take advantage of the digital zoom on the MA2 and I think you will get everything you need for showing the hail damage. The optical zoom on the M2Z might help but not as much as you think.

I have both the Mavic Air 2 and the Mavic 2 Zoom. I love them both. In my opinion I don't think that you will get much improvement going to either the M2P or the M2Z..... the MA2 is a great drone. Take advantage of the digital zoom on the MA2 and I think you will get everything you need for showing the hail damage. The optical zoom on the M2Z might help but not as much as you think.
Thanks I was reading a little more about comparisons and came to the conclusion that I might be pleasantly surprised at what my MA2 will do. Thanks for your input since you own both you have actually experienced the differences

Reactions: pelagic_one
I am a retired builder and I would get a mavic 2 zoom if you want to get detailed close-ups of roofing I have a mavic air 2 and the zoom capabilities I think are mediocre in my opinion (Digital)

Reactions: tlswift58
I wouldn’t do either right now, and stick with the Air2. There’s a good chance the Mavic3 will come out this year. Plus, the regulation change in the US and Europe means the current models won’t be compliant in the not too distant future.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Just my 2 cents but like lastrexking said the M3( insert variety here) is likely coming sometime this year so you might be better continuing to fly your MA2, save some money and wait for the M3. The M2 series are selling brand new for roughly what they did 2 years ago but still have 2 year old tech. The MA2 you already have has roughly the same, but tweaked, tech even if the obstacle avoidance and camera aren't up to the Pro standards.

Reactions: Lastrexking
I am a retired builder and I would get a mavic 2 zoom if you want to get detailed close-ups of roofing I have a mavic air 2 and the zoom capabilities I think are mediocre in my opinion (Digital)

1X is not bad in 1080p. Anything above that in 1080 - 4k like 2-4x is pretty crappy from what I have found. 1x does pretty decent getting you a tad closer and unless he / you are viewing the video on a 4k TV /screen - you don't get much benefit in 4k mode - at least to me. Plus 4k files are gargantuan compared to 1080 (about 3-4 times larger).

I don't have a Mavic Pro to compare to, so there is that.

Reactions: Jet skier
M2Pro has the larger sensor and will permit more detailed photos. The 48 MP sensor is really FOUR 12 MP sensors, one in each of the four quadrants.
However, If you need Zoom for Inspections, I would then recommend the M2Zoom. It has Optical Zoom which is preferable to the Digital Zoom on the MA2.
Hope this helps. Let me know.

Reactions: MA2 317
No offense to anyone who has chimed in on this thread.... but I own both of these drones. I love the Mavic 2 Zoom but there is absolutely no reason to upgrade if you own the MA2. The MA2 is 2 years newer and delivers on updated technology at a lower price. The pictures that come off this drone are fantastic.... the OP will see almost no improvement by spending the money on the Mavic 2 Zoom.

Keep your MA2 and save your money until the Mavic 3 arrives..... that will truly be worth spending on an upgrade. I am confident that DJI will not disappoint.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580